Chapter - 2 Karan's weakness

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments...

You picked me up when I fell down,
You let me color flowers with you,
You shared more than just crayons,
You shared your happiness.

-Anandi Moorty

I

n the latter half of the year, the two kids will be turning 4. Karan's parents discussed with each other about sending their son to kindergarten. Karan was very happy because he could play with his classmates every day! However, he did not forget about his Monu.

"Mommy, then will Monu also go to kindergarten?"

"This..." Mrs. Shergill didn't finish. She asked Monami's parents before, they didn't seem to have the thoughts of sending little Monu to kindergarten. They brushed it off saying that the child was young, and even if she went, she would just horse around, wasting their money.

Although Suhana adored this little girl, it wasn't appropriate for her to meddle in another family's affairs. The smart Karan wasn't deterred and insisted on getting an answer.

Suhana was pestered by her son until she had no choice, "Monu can't speak very well yet, and jab woh chalti hai tab bhi girti parti rehti hai... She might go to school later."

Karan refuted, "Monu ko bolna aata hai bas woh jyada baat nahi krti...usse chlna aata hai bas woh thodi dheere chalti hai..! Mommy, you know that some people are tac.. haan taciturn, and it's not as if walking slow will affect her studies."

Suhana "..."

Who knew where her son learned these words, and he actually used them correctly.

Karan wouldn't relent as only one thought occupied his mind: he had to think of a way for Little cutie to come to school with him! Karan dashed towards his room and found a toy stick in his chest of toys. He once saw a video on his dad's cellphone, and he deftly tied the stick on top of the hat, then hung a strawberry in front, running off to go find little Monu.

"Monu!" Karan's voice was very loud and clear. When he stood outside the door and yelled, the people inside all heard him.

Someone from the house next door was sitting outside the door. When they saw Karan, they teased him, "Karan is coming to find Monami again? Might as well let the Mahajan's just send their daughter to your Shergill family."

If it were other children, they might have happily agreed, but Karan didn't like to hear these adults say such words. Monu wasn't an item, how could she be sent to people willy nilly!

Juhi was currently doing washing clothes inside when she heard the yells. Walking out with her daughter in hand, she let the two kids play outside.

When Karan revealed a strawberry, little Monami's eyes instantly sparkled. When she reached a hand out to grab it, Karan purposely ducked away.

"If you want to eat it, then come get it yourself." He put the hat on little Monu's head, and the strawberry dangled in front of her.

Little Monami's arms weren't long enough, so even when she stretched them she couldn't grab it. She doggedly ran forward in pursuit, but still couldn't grab it.

Karan was at the side, cheering her on, "Yes yes, just like that, just a little more."

Just as his words fell, little Monami tripped over a rock and fell down with a "bang."

"Wawawa-" Her cries rocked the earth.

Hearing the sound of a child crying, Juhi ran out in a panic and carried her daughter back. Karan followed behind her, apologizing repeatedly, "I'm sorry, Monu. I'm sorry, Aunty."