Part 6 Happy for Nothing

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments

Continuing from the last part,

That was not my hope being crushed again and again, it was my desire to live that got suffocated again n again.

-Me

The Mahajan couple said that they were taking half-month’s worth of time off this time. When they heard this piece of news, the elder who was missing the children and the child missing her parents were both very happy.

Monami wore the new clothes that her mother brought back for her, and she was using the new set of stationery as school.

When her deskmate saw her pencil box, she was awed over how pretty it was, “Monu, this pencil box is so pretty, where did you buy it? I want one too.”

Mommy bahar se layi hai...”

“Okay!”

Monami’s current deskmate was the short-haired little girl from that year. She had a very cute name: Koel Roy.
Pyaar se Koo

Koel reached a hand into her desk and felt around for a little bit before finally pulling out a transparent pouch, “I remember that tomorrow is your birthday. Par kl second Saturday toh kl humara school nahi hai… so Tada…
I thought to give your bday gift today only…"

Thank you Koo.."

They’ve been classmates for six years already and got along very well. The first time Koel knew of her birthday, she gave her a small present, and she naturally reciprocated. As they kept exchanging gifts every birthday, it was usually little trinkets, but they were filled with sincerity.

When school ended and she went home, Karan asked how she was planning on celebrating on her birthday tomorrow.

"Iss baar toh uncle aunty bhi ghr par Hain.. toh yeh bada mst celebrate hona Hain, right.."

That’s right, Dad and Mom also said that they would buy a birthday cake home.”

Oh…then this year, I don’t have to buy one.”

When Monami celebrated her birthday when she was little, her Nani ma did not buy a cake for her. It wasn’t because she didn’t treat her well, but because the elder did not have it easy growing up and felt that buying a cake was not worth the price and would rather make Gajar ka halwa.. her favourite dessert…  and all her favourite dishes - matar paneer, biryani..

(Me: Actually to the say the truth this gajar ka halwa and paneer sabzi is infact a tradition on my birthday as my birthday is in last December so especially gajal halwa is a fixed dish in my birthday menu.. it's so tasty.. garam gajar ka halwa.. thandi rabdi and jyada meetha na ho so paneer🤤  even when I was at hostel, my mumma  will send for me.. yeh mera fav h😋..

Meanwhile Readers : pta chal gaya re hum sabko tu kitni foodie hain.. okk bas itni bak bak khoob aage ki story bta.

Me: koi value nahi hai..waise aap logo me se kisi ka favourite hai.. gajar ka halwa 😋😜)

But all little kids felt that a cake was a must for celebrating birthdays; not having cake was equivalent to not celebrating the birthday. Thus, Karan would save up his allowance to buy Monu a small birthday cake.

Monami’s heart was bursting with happiness because her dad and mom promised to buy a big birthday cake for her tomorrow. It can be shared with a lot of people. The more she thought, the more anticipation she felt. Her hands grabbed Karan’s as she earnestly invited him, “Karu, when the time comes, tu, aunty aur uncle, tum sab mere ghr par aana.. hum celebrate karenge.."