Part 18 I want to bring Monu home

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments...

Warning: mention of depression and suicide
And yeah Quite a long part,

Continuing from the last part,

"I never felt that much useless in my life.. but that moment jab I saw that state of yours.. ohh I so wanna kill each of that reason behind your pain..
Bcoz that was pain for u but for me.. it was knives stabbing in my heart again n again"

- me

When her Nani ma’s surgery ended and she finally woke up, the first thing she wanted to do was to give her granddaughter a call. However, she discovered that no one was picking up.

She had been in the hospital this whole time for check-ups and treatment. Sometimes when Monami called, she had no choice but to hang up when the nurse came in. She could only call back later and tell her granddaughter, “Kanha, kuch din bas. Nani ma will come back soon.”

Just prior to the surgery, she was quite weak and didn’t call as much. After she safely finished the surgery and was now in her recovery period, the person Nani ma thought about the most was still that granddaughter of hers in her hometown, “Juhi, ghar par koi phone kyon nahi utha raha?”

Ah…” Juhi  didn’t know either.

During the time when she had just gotten divorced, Deepak would call every day, begging to get back together. She felt so annoyed that she didn’t even bother to pick up. Deepak even went to look for her older brother and sister-in-law that lived next door and begged them to help him. Later when her sister-in-law called and mentioned Deepak, she directly hung up the phone.

Speaking of which, it really had been almost a month since they last talked.

Mom, just wait a moment, I’ll call right now to ask.”

Just as Juhi  was about to call Deepak, her youngest daughter suddenly ran into the patient room, holding a strawberry popsicle in her hand, “Mommy, dekho, Uncle Rishabh ne mujhe ice-cream dilayi!”

There was a man who followed Aarohi in. Wearing a suit, he looked much more pleasing to the eye than Deepak.

Ugh, Maine kitni baar kaha hai isko spoil mat karo.”

It’s nothing. Since the child likes to eat it, it’s not bad to buy her one.” The man smiled as he shook his head. Setting down the nutritional supplements in his hand onto the table, he greeted the elder on the patient bed.

Nani ma knew that the reason her daughter wanted to divorce was because Deepak had gambled away their savings. Seeing a more outstanding person appear, she didn’t want to disturb her daughter’s chance at a new relationship, so she did not bring up the topic of her ex-husband in front of him.

As they talked, the phone call they meant to dial was set aside.

*****

When Karan arrived at the local hospital, it was already afternoon.

On the journey here, he didn’t dare to think of how or why the young girl had suddenly entered the hospital. Even so, his guesses were a far cry from the horrifying reality that greeted him.

White gauze was wrapped around the head. There was also a piece of gauze on the right cheek as well, a scar could be seen near the chin.

The moment Karan raised his head, his eyes turned red. Even Suhana who came as well was startled, “yeh sab... kaisa hua yeh?”