Part 14 Growing up

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

"Fall for the guy who can not only buy c*n*oms to make love to u but also buy tampons and burn his hand to make red tea to shower care on u.."

-me

Karan set down the pencil in his hand, “Mom, I’m only 14.”

toh?” She just wanted an honest answer.

Jab tak mujhme main itna responsible na hoon.. ki main uss person ko support kar saku.. har way me.. emotionally, financially and physically.., till then I won’t get into a relationship with that person.” It was easy to say the word ‘like’, but with love comes responsibility.

Suhana felt the words in her throat had been blocked, “Chhote tum sirf 14 ke ho.. ”

Only 14, but he already understood how to be responsible and reliable.

They were never like other families who forbid their children from dating early, but she asked because she knew that her son pretty much didn’t play with any other girls aside from Monami.

She originally thought that her son’s feelings towards the girl was more than just platonic sibling love, and at most it would only be at the extent of where a boy has a crush on a girl, but she didn’t expect…he was actually seriously contemplating deeper feelings…

Chotte, aren’t you a little too mature for your age?”

Karan pointed at the high-school math problems on his desk, "ab mera IQ itna high h.. isme Mumma main aapki koi help nahi kar sakta.."

Alright, since you’ve already put it that way, I won’t say much.” As long as her child knew where to draw the line, she was willing to respect his decision.

According to Karan’s line of thought, when he gained the ability to support another person for the rest of their life, then that would be at least after college graduation? If so, then there wasn’t much for her to worry about.

However, Suhana didn’t expect that less than a year later, Karan would give her a slap in the face..

*****

Juhi stayed with her youngest daughter at home for half a month before leaving again. Monami’s life returned to normal. Just like a normal student, she studied, played with friends, and studied some more.

As the summer started, a new session also began again. This semester, they stepped into the school as 9th grade students.

The school welcomed in a new batch of 7th graders. Karan had held onto his persona of being the most handsome boy with the best grades for three years straight, causing these new little girls to feel their first crush of teenage years.

People at this age expressed their infatuation quite shyly and carefully. At times, everyone would secretly gossip but there were very few that had the courage to openly express their intentions.

But, exceptions are always there.. nahi. There was a brave one in the 7th grade who made a special trip to the 9th grade classroom to wait. Seeing Karan appear, she stopped the person at the door, “Umm… Karan, want to date?”

Listen to this, what a direct confession.

Karan wasn’t moved and just returned a “sorry” before pulling the stunned Monami behind him into the classroom.

He took out an Amul cool milk bottle from his backpack and passed it to Monami. The two people whispered a few words to each other before Monami returned back to her seat. Their classmates were already used to their ‘public displays of affection’. After all, in their eyes, this was a pair of siblings with a very good relationship.