Part 19 won't give up ever

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments..

Continuing from the last part,

I felt the coldness seeping in me.. with being abandoned by  everyone.. but then there was you.. saying you won't ever give up on me.. and that warmth of summer came to greet me..

Monami finally opened her eyes. Both times when she woke up after teetering on the edge between life and death, the person she first saw was…Karan.

There was no expression on the young lady’s face. Her eyelashes fluttered like a butterfly flapping its wings.

The wound on her face had been covered, so the most eye-catching place on her face were her round and glassy eyes. Usually, everyone thought that her crystal pearl like eyes were full of spirit, but now they had lost their shine.

Karan sat at the bedside as he quietly met her gaze.

The two people were silent for a long time. He lowered his head and his body slightly leaned forward. He quietly asked her, “kyon.. kyon kiya aisa?”

Monami closed her eyes, not daring to look at him.

Karan didn’t plan on letting this topic go and continued, “Usually, if you just frowned, I’d be afraid of making you upset, and if you cried even just a little bit, I’d give in to you.”

Now, tu khud ke saath itni cruel ho gayi, khud ko maarna chah rahi thi ya mujhe Monu?”

“I treat you so well, and this is how you repay me?”

She closed her eyes and didn’t speak.

Monu, tu na heartless hai.” Karan raised his hand and placed it on hers. His soft and warm fingers lightly tapped the back of her hand a few times, though his tone didn’t have even a hint of blame.

I’m sorry.” She opened her eyes a little, tears lining the rims.

The sensation she felt on the back of her hand disappeared.

His pair of warm hands tightly gripped her own. He suddenly smiled, “acha hain.. jab tujhe pata hai tune galat kiya hai toh main tujhe ek chance de raha hoon isse sudharne ka. Monu.. Come home with me.”

****

Returning back to the colony would cause Monami to constantly recall those unpleasant events, so after Karan and his mother discussed it, they took her to the city.

The home that the Shergill family  bought in Jaipur City had finished renovations long ago. All there was left to do was actually move in, so it was no problem to just do it right away.

This was a 3 bedroom, 1 living room house with a kitchen and private bathrooms. There was more than enough space for a family of three.

“Coincidentally, the empty room on the left side can be Monu’s. Aah.. pakka se main koi antaryami hoon, tabhi toh at that time maine 3-bedroom home ka socha...” When Suhana personally promised to bring Monami home, she had already decided to take good care of this young lady.

She decorated the room mainly in pale pink and beige colors. After stocking it with basic items, Suhana also placed a vase of flowers there too, making it look more lively.

After finishing all these, Suhana placed her hands on her hips and surveyed the room, extremely satisfied with what she saw.

She looked back and saw her son holding onto the girl’s hand as they stood outside the door. She hurriedly waved to the two kids, “Monu, come in and look, do you like this room?”