Part 9 The Love Letter

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

"You know, I never opened those love letters not because That wasn't my age to fall in love but that letter didn't have your perfect handwriting, my love.."

-Me

(Haaye maine na bada sweet likha nahi..😜 )

Although it was almost October, the weather was still a little warm. The girl sitting by the window was absentmindedly doing her homework. She secretly opened the textbook in front of her, a pink letter was tucked inside.

She wasn't stupid, it was obviously a love letter!

It was a love letter that someone had asked her to give to Karan. However, she was hesitating on whether she should give it or not.

Firstly, she never promised to do such a thing, it was that person who forcefully stuffed it into her hands. Secondly, the school didn't allow students to date. What if this love letter would disturb Karan's studies?

However, ultimately this was still something that someone wanted to give Karan...

After ruminating for half a day, she finally went to the Shergill family in the afternoon... 

During the weekends, Suhana rested at home. Seeing that the person knocking on the door was Monami, she called for her to come in.

"Aunty, Is Karu not at home?"

"Mujhe lgta h woh apne dosto ke saath basketball khelne gaya.. but beta he will back soon." Suhana smiled warmly at her.

"Then I'll wait for him."

"Coincidentally, mujhe kuch samaan lene bahar jana tha.. Monu, you just stay here. There's fruits and snacks on the table, toh khane ka Mann kare tab kha lena.." Suhana was used to taking care of her, and had no qualms about letting her stay in her home.

Monami nodded her head.

Not long after Suhana left, the sound of keys inserting into the door could be heard. She ran over to the peephole, and when she saw the person outside, she suddenly felt playful and hid behind the door... 'chal Monu aaj Karu ko darana hai..'

Karan had just returned from the basketball court, his body full of sweat. The basketball was cradled in the crook of his arm as he slid the key into the lock and turned it to open the door.

Stepping through the doorway, he swept his gaze over his surroundings. When he looked back, his eyes met with the girl's that was hiding behind the door, her hands outstretched, ready to scare him.

The girl blinked, then blinked again.

Karan stepped backwards. He had an indifferent expression on his face as he stepped outside the doorway. After waiting a while, he stepped back in.

"Ha-"

Just as he stepped through the doorway, a head suddenly popped out from beside him. The girl acted fierce with her hands outstretched.

Karan goodnaturedly played along and leaned backward, his face full of surprise. Even the basketball in his hand had dropped to the ground due to the shock. He patted his chest, muttering, "aah.. mummy.. Ohh tu hai.. data Diya tha mujhe.. heart fail hona tha.." with all the drama he could muster.

Monami hurriedly ran outside to pick up his basketball. Her smile grew deeper, "Karu, tu na acting school me apply kr sakta hain"

"bhujdil, nirdayi, koi Daya nahi hai.. sach bata kiske liye maine yeh sab Kiya ." 'Still playing such a childish prank!'