Chapter Eighty-Three: Professor X

I bolted upright with a gasp, struggling to catch my breath as I came out of the vision.

I didn't really know what to expect of my surroundings, but it certainly wasn't what I found. I looked around worriedly, only to find that I was alone in a hospital room. My ridiculous pink suit was folded in a pile on the chair beside me, and I was instead wearing a hospital gown.

I quickly remembered that before I had passed out, Hatch had just blown our cover, so I shoved the blankets off of me and tiptoed towards the door. With any luck, I hadn't been out that long and the police hadn't shown up to identify me yet.

I slowly pushed the door open, peering out into the hallway of the hospital. Dr. Hatch was at the end of it, standing with a Doctor and Chief Powell. He was pointing down the hallway, gesturing wildly, so I slowly pushed my door closed again and bolted over to the window, pushing it open and shoving the screen out of place. I didn't bother grabbing Nancy's clothes, because luckily my gown wasn't the kind that ties in the back, and my time in the Upside Down had taught me to memorize the entire layout of Hawkins, so I knew how to get back to the Wheelers without being spotted.

I climbed out the window, taking off barefoot across the parking lot as I tried to ignore the dull ache that was still lingering in my head.

It made total sense why I'd passed out though...at least It did after Max's whole ordeal with Vecna. Both with Max and with Victor Creel, I had access to their memories. All it took was one touch of Victor's hand, and I was walking among his memories of the stories he was telling, and for Max...I suspect that I was already inside of her head, meaning this ability gave me access to all of her memories, rather than just the most prominent ones.

It doesn't make total sense, but its the only conclusion that I can come to that explains what has been happening to me the past few days...

I have superpowers.

Victor was the first vision I've had that was not created by Vecna, so after two whole days of being forced into visions, and then actually being able to craft one of my own, it obviously took a physical toll on me. That much was obvious by how exhausted I felt.

I tried not to think about that as I ran towards the entrance of the parking lot, only for a car to whip around the corner and squeal to a stop mere inches before it collided with me. I stopped, looking at the driver with wide eyes, only to see that it was Steve's car, with Steve Harrington himself sitting in the driver's seat. He rolled down his window, poking his head out of it.

"What the heck are you doing?!" He exclaimed.

I ran over to the passenger seat, ripping the door open and diving inside.

"No time to explain, get me out of here before they notice I'm gone." I told him.

"You passed out, and now you're running across a parking lot-"

"Scold me later Mom, just drive!" He hit the gas, peeling around the curve through the exit and speeding back in the direction of the Wheeler's house. I let out a sigh of relief, leaning my head back against the seat. I turned to look at him. "Max is ok, right?"

"Yeah, she's fine," He said, glancing over at me, "Thanks to you guys."

"Hey, you were the ones who executed it," I pointed out, "We saw you guys, in the graveyard. This big hole opened up-"

"Yeah, Max told us," He replied, "She also mentioned something about you having superpowers? She said you manipulated her memories or something?"

"Something like that," I agreed, "Its kind of a lot, so I'll explain once we're all together."