Bonus Chapter: Family Dinner

This is a flashback to between seasons 2 and 3. This is Hopper's first time meeting Steve as Riley's boyfriend. I think I mentioned this vaguely, and I just wanted to write a bonus chapter because I miss it already and its gonna be forever until season five. Let me know if there's any other little extra things you want to see!

~~~

"Is he gonna kill me? Because I have full confidence in that man's ability to kill me and either make it look like an accident, or make sure no one finds my body."

"He's not gonna kill you...I won't let him."

"You're saying there's a possibility!?"

"Its low! Very low but...never zero."

Steve looked at me with wide, terrified eyes, his knuckles turning white as he gripped his steering wheel. I laughed, shaking my head.

"Barbie, do you really think now is the time to mess with me?!"

"Steve, relax," I said gently, reaching over and combing my fingers through the hair on the back of his head, "Its gonna be fine. You like me, you're good for me, therefore he is going to like you. Its foolproof."

"Is it, Riley? Is it? Because it seems to me that one wrong move is going to destroy everything. Best case scenario, he bans me from dating his daughter, Worst Case Scenario: He bans me from life to keep me from dating his daughter!"

"Yeah, well seeing as both he and Eleven predicted us getting together months ago, while you were still dating Nancy, I don't really see either of those things happening." I pointed out, as he pulled to a stop in front of the Cabin. He blew out a breath, throwing his head back against his seat and glancing over at me.

"How?" He asked skeptically. "We didn't even know we were gonna get together so how could your Dad and Eleven, who has no standard for social cues, have figured that out before we did." I shrugged.

"I don't know, I mean...they know me," I replied, "Maybe I wasn't as good at hiding my feelings as I thought."

He smiled at this idea.

"Ok, the idea of that is adorable, I'm not even going to lie." I rolled my eyes, smiling at him.

"Look, you're a charmimg guy! Just turn on that charm, be authentic, be honest-"

"Do you want me to be charming or honest and authentic because those are two completely different things." I shot him a look.

"Steve...youre going to be fine," He let out a nervous breath again, "Come on, they're waiting for us."

"Ok...alright...I've battled monsters, I can do this. I can do this! Alright, let's go." I chuckled, getting out of the car and walking around the front of it, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers before leading him up the stairs. He let go of my hand once we reached the front door, knocking on it solidly.

"Oh, no, you can't-they won't answer if you do that. You have to..." I stepped forward, doing our secret knock instead. It was only then that I heard all of the locks click in unison and the door opened slightly, revealing Eleven poking her head out through the crack. She smiled, glancing between us.

"Uh...hi." Steve said awkwardly, having never talked to Eleven in the entire time we'd known her. He'd only really interacted with her when she found us at the Byers' house and when we'd driven her home from the Snow Ball, but even then, they'd never gotten around to having a real conversation.