Chapter Sixty: The Gang's All Here

We waited in the bathroom until the movie let out, and then we blended in with the rest of the crowd, hoping to sneak past the guards in the rush.

"And...blend." Dustin told us. We all rushed out into the group, Steve grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Well shoot, that worked." Erica said.

" 'Course it worked. Now we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes and home sweet home here we come."

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve asked.

"What?"

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house."

"Why?"

"Well, I might've told them your full name." Steve explained. 

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Dude, I was drugged!"

"So?!"

"So?"

"So you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man."

"Yeah? Let's so how well you do under the influence of unidentified Russian drugs boy genius." I said sarcastically.

"Guys." Robin said, stopping us in our tracks. We looked up to see the guards there, checking people's bags and IDs.

"Abort." Dustin said, as we continued to stare in shock. One of the guards looked up, spotting us. "Abort! Abort!" We turned around and took off running in the opposite direction of the crowd, stopping at the powered down, roped off escalator. I immediately jumped into action, sitting down on the space between the two escalators and sliding down, the others following suit.

It wasn't long until the Russians followed suit, so we dove into Hot Dog on a Stick, all of us crouched down behind the counter, unable to do anything but listen to the footsteps and Russian mutterings of the guards that surrounded us. We heard footsteps gather in front of the counter and slowly start to progress towards us, when suddenly, the alarm of the show car across the room started going off.

Next we heard an insanely loud crashing sound, presumably the car flying across the room, and I instantly knew who was to blame.

"Eleven!" I exclaimed, looking at Steve with wide eyes. We all stood up from  behind the counter to see the Russian guards all dead on the floor and the show car flipped over and pressed up against one of the food stands. I began looking around, looking up at the second floor, not only to see Eleven looking a little worse for ware, but Will, Lucas, Max, Mike, Nancy, and Jonathan as well.

We ran out of the store and they ran down the escalator, meeting us halfway. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw Eleven limping, her arm wrapped around Mike's shoulders.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin said, running over and hugging them. I ran up next as Dustin pulled away. Her eyebrows drew together in concern when she saw the state of my face.

"What did I tell you about drawing attention to yourself?" I asked, smiling before wrapping my arms around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug. She laughed, wrapping her own around my waist and allowing me to hold her up.

"Lucas?!" I heard Erica exclaim. I pulled away, keeping an arm around her and looking at the siblings.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Ask them. Its their fault." She said, shoving at thumb and Steve, Robin, and I.

"True, yeah. Totally true, its absolutely our fault." Steve agreed.