Chapter Sixty-Two: Do It Together

"Oh man, now this...this is what I'm talkin' about!" Steve exclaimed, spotting the car that my dad had given him the keys to. 

"Todfather?" Robin asked, reading the license plate. 

"Oh, screw Todd, Steve's her daddy now." He said, jumping over the door and into the front seat of the yellow 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible.

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked, climbing into the back seat with Dustin and Erica.

"Did he just call himself Daddy?"

"Does any of this surprise either of you?" I asked.

"Not really." They said in unison. I climbed into the passenger's seat.

"Alright, where are we going?" Steve questioned, excited to drive.

"Weathertop."

"Weather-what?"

"Just drive."

"Ok, Jeez!"  Steve peeled out of the parking lot, the tires screeching loudly as he did so. I leaned over to him.

"Keep in mind we're on serious business here. Try not to have too much fun." I said smiling at him. He smiled, taking one hand off of the wheel to grab mine, pressing his lips against the back of it. "Both hands on the Wheel, HAIRintgon." 

~~~

"Jeez, how far is this place, man?" Steve questioned as we'd been driving a while.

"Relax, we're almost there."

"Suzie must be pretty special huh?" I asked, turning around to look at him.

"Wait, who's Suzie?" Robin questioned.

"Dustin's Girlfriend." Steve, Erica, and I said in unison.

"But I mean, you built this thing and carried it all the way out here just so you could talk to the girl. She must be worth all of that effort." I stated.

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." I smiled. I really wanted to believe that she was a real person.

"That's really sweet, Dustin."

"She sound made-up to me," Erica added, "She sound made-up to you?" Steve didn't answer.

"Why are you hesitating, Steve?!"

"I-I'm not! I'm not, I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real."

"Left! Turn left!" Dustin yelled suddenly.

"There's not a road here!"

"Turn left now!"

"Jeez, hang on!" Steve whipped the wheel to the left, crashing through a wood fence as we began driving through a field and up a hill. "WHOA, HENDERSON, WHERE ARE WE GOING?!"

"UP!"  The car began slowing down the further up we got.

"We're not gonna make it!" Robin yelled.

"Yes, we are. Come on, baby. Come on, baby!" The car slowed to a stop, and Steve pushed down fully on the gas, but the tires began spinning in place.

"Guess the Todfather has its limitations." She concluded as Steve turned the car off and we all got out to walk the rest of the way up the hill to Cerebro. 

When we got to the top, Dustin wasted no time radioing the others.

"Bald Eagle, do you copy? Bald Eagle, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy?"