Chapter 23- New York, New York

Harry's POV

Weeks flew by and somehow we were in the finals. Songs over songs and somehow we always nailed it. To be honest, I was confident that we are going to win.

Since it was the second last week, our mentor, Simon, has organized for us five gigs. The gigs took place in each of the boy's hometown, including mine. I was more than excited to reunite with my family and Adeliah. I missed her so much.

We haven't talked for a couple of days, I was wondering why. She always called me every night, or I would call her but she has been sending my calls into her voicemail and I was very worried. Luckily, we were going to my hometown first and I need to meet her to solve this whole thing out.

I tried to call her again. "Adeliah, I don't know why you've been ignoring me but please just answer me. I love you."

I did not want to sound desperate but my body desired her. I missed all of her little affections, her pecks, and her warming hugs. It has been 8 weeks without her and I didn't know how hard it was until this.

My phone lighted up, my mind was hoping for the best. And it was, a text from Ade.

Ade: I heard that you're coming back today; can you come to my house today?

Does she even have to ask?

Me: Yes, I can. I miss you. xx

She did not reply to me, but at least I'm coming to see her today. I really could not take it anymore.

*

Gigs after gigs and we finally got to Holmes Chapel. I was welcomed with my Mum, Robin, Gemma, and lots of relatives. There were champagne, cakes, and some food. I was so happy to finally see my family again, but I was still not that happy. Ade should have been here.

After eating some food and sneakily drank a cup of champagne, I finally got out and walked to Ade's house. Zayn was coming towards me when I was almost out of the door.

"To Adeliah's?" He asked.

"Mhm." I muttered.

"How's everything? You seem so down lately."

"It's just... She has been acting to weird. I don't know if everything's okay." I answered truthfully.

"Everything will be eventually turned out okay." Zayn gave me a small smile.

I missed this. I missed our walks to school and the small talks that we occasionally make.

I knocked on Adeliah's door and her mother opened it. She said that Adeliah's was upstairs.

"Hi Adeliah." I said, kissing her on the lips.

"Hello, Harry." She pulled out quickly. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, joining her on the bed.

"Yeah... No, I don't know Harry." She looked at me, and her eyes were getting teary. "I have something to tell you."

"Okay." I was trying to hide the fact that I was feeling crazy and extremely anxious inside. What if she was breaking up with me?

"Um... I..." She stuttered. I put my arm around her shoulder, trying to calm her down. "I'm going away, Harry."

"To where?" I asked.

"Um... New York."

My eyes widened, "What are you doing in New York?"

"My mum... Her job... I need to move with her." And now she was sobbing.

That means...

"And you'll come back right?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"That's very unlikely..." She replied.

All of the misery and the pain of the world seem to come to me at that moment. I was speechless. This means I was not going to see ever again.

"When are you leaving?"

"At the end of this month."

I shook my head, screwing my eyes shut. "What do you mean? We're in the second week of February already! And you're telling me now?"

Adeliah cried harder, her head was on my chest. "I'm sorry, Harry."

"No, Adeliah. Your apologies aren't enough! I love you, Adeliah!" I was so upset to the point where I almost screamed.

"And I love you too, Harry! This is not what I wanted!" She yelled back at me.

Then I saw the pain in her teary hazelnut eyes. She was going through what I was too. "I'm sorry baby, I screamed at you."

"It's okay, Harry. I love you." She turned towards me and gave me a kiss on the lips. "What will happen to us?"

"We made a promise and we'll find each other again." I said.

"What if we..." She trailed off.

"Sh... What matters now is that we can still be with together for a week and we're going to make it memorable okay?"

"Okay." She replied back.

I pulled her closer to me and my hands went on her waist. I kissed her like I would never get to kiss her anymore and pinned her down to her bed. Things eventually got serious and we made love to each other, with all of our hearts.