Chapter 15- Baby Talk

Adeliah’s POV

It was in the middle of the day and lunch came quickly. Normally, I’d sit alone except when Harry could sit with me, then I’d sit with him. But today, he’s not here. I decided to text him to ask if he’s okay.

Me: Are you okay?

He replied almost instantly.

Harry: Yeah, I’m just sick. Visit me tonight?

I smiled.

Me: Okay. I miss you.

Harry: I miss you too.

Then, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a girl. She looked about my age and has long, brown hair. Her eyes were the colour of hazelnut, and her pale skin was filled with freckles.

“I saw you and Roe this morning.” She quietly said.

“If you come here to say how much of a bitch I was, then go ahead. You’re not the first one.” I said, annoyed. Everybody was giving me dirty looks, and I was getting frustrated.

“No, I think you were right. She shouldn’t be snogging up with every guy if she truly likes someone.” The girl said.

I finally looked up from my phone, guilt rushed through me. “I’m sorry… I didn’t know…”

She smiled sympathetically, “It’s okay. I would have been like you too. My name is Talia, Talia Woodsen. It’s very nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too.” I replied back, “Oh, and thank you. I really needed to hear those words.”

“It’s no big deal. Can I sit here with you for lunch?” She asked.

“Of course!” I cleared out the space for her. “You’re very nice.”

“I could say the same thing for you too.” She replied.

After getting to know each other, I could say Talia was a very kind person. She has the same interests as me and her parents are also no longer together. It felt nice to have someone that knows how you’re feeling and what you’ve been through.

“Do you want to like… hang out sometimes? I know we’ve just met but if you don’t want to…” Talia began to trail off.

“Sure!” I said.

Her eyes lit up, “Great. I’ll send you the address and we can meet up.”

Talia packed up all of her things and said, “I better get to class now. It was so nice talking to you, Adeliah.”

“Thank you Talia.” I said sincerely.

She gave me a wink and headed off to class. I was a bit scared that she’d turn out to be another Brittany, but Talia doesn’t seem to be that kind of person.

**

Finally, the school bell rang for the last time of the day. I was looking at the clock, waiting to go home to see Harry. I wondered if he’s okay. I walked back to my house and left a note for my mum, saying I won’t be back until dinner. I grabbed some movies in case if he wants to watch them.

“Hello Adeliah! Harry said you’re going to come over! Come in!” Anne greeted me with a smile.

“Hi Ms…”

“Call me Anne, dear.” She smiled again, “Harry’s upstairs. You can hang your coat over here.”

“Thank you, Anne. I’m going to go upstairs now.” I said, walking upstairs.

Then, I spotted Gemma just walking down. “Hey Adeliah!”

“Hi Gemma!”

“It has been so long since you’ve been here. And… I haven’t told that you my mum that you were sleeping in Harry’s room last night.” She said and my eyes widened.

 “Don’t worry, my lips are sealed.” She laughed then said, “I need to go now! Have fun!”

“You too!” I replied.

Finally, I knocked on Harry’s room. “It’s Adeliah.”

“Come in!”

Napkins were everywhere on his bed. His eyes had circles underneath it, but not too dark though. His entire body was covered with a blanket and his curls were quite a mess. He lazily smiled at me.

“Are you okay Harry? What happened?” I asked.

“Just a flu.” His voice had gone way deeper than it already was. “Come here.”

He moved his body to the side, making space for me to lay down. My head was on his chest, the sound of his slow heartbeat echoed in my ears. Since he was having a flu, his body was warm from staying in the bed too much, and it was so comfortable.

“I brought movies.” I mumbled in his chest, grabbing the movies on the floor.

“Great!”

I gave him the movies, and his eyebrows scrunched, “And of course you’d pick all chick flicks.”

“Is that a problem?” I teased.

He smiled, pressing his lips on my hair, “No. Let’s watch…”

I cut him off, “The Notebook.”

“No, I was about to say Bambi.”

“The Notebook.”

He groaned. “Fine.”

During the movie, I cried for probably about 5 times. I kept on fangirling over Ryan Gosling and how great his love is for Allie Hamilton.

There was the part where the nurse grabbed Noah and Allie’s hands when they died together on the bed, and I felt like I had a mental break down.

“No…” I whispered.

With a runny nose and bloodshot eyes from crying, this was not the expectation I had for a movie date with Harry.

Harry chuckled and then put his arms around my waist. I grabbed his hands and held it tight.

“Aw, don’t cry. It’s alright.” He touched my cheeks and wiped my tears.

Then he made these voices that sound like a baby, plus with his sick voice, it was probably the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

“You’re my bwaby.” He said.

“I wuv you.” I replied back, laughing.

“I wuv you too.”

We cuddled for a while and then it was time for me to go home. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and said goodnight to him.

“I feel better already.” He said, smiling.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “Goodnight Harry.”

“Goodnight Adeliah. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

And I closed the door. With a runny nose and eyes were still a bit red from crying, I’ve never felt so much better. God, I really do love him. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This chapter sucks so hard, I'm sorry :( Bare with me. Thanks to anyone who's reading. <3