03. True Army

Chapter 03: True Army

"How old are you?"

"To begin with, "old"  shouldn't be a word to describe this little girl!"

"I say sixteen, I bet she's sixteen!"

God, she didn't look like this when she was sixteen.

Lisa blushed, flustered by their comments. She didn't know these people but they surely made her feel flattered. They reminded her about her family too. It wasn't their personality or looks, it was just the aura around them screaming "family"...

She missed them...

"All of you are wrong!" her arms in the air, a joyful smile adorning her lips.

"It is not sixteen?" one of the grandfathers couldn't accept that as a fact.

"Then it has to be seventeen... No way you're older."

"None of you are getting it so I'll tell you..." she maintained the suspense long seconds in which they just stared at them impatiently.  "The truth... is that I am..."

Would she really say it?

"I'm eighteen!"

The loudest guffaw resonated, Jungkook almost choking at her side.

Lisa smiled even more. She was funny, wasn't she?

"Are you fine, John?" one of the ladies ask him.

"Yeah..." he hid the smile, emptying the water glass he was given.

Then he looked at the girl, accusingly  pointing at her.

"Eighteen PLUS TEN, you might mean."

The first gasp didn't come out of her but from one of the women.

"What!? Twenty-eight?! Are you--"

"Yah!" Lisa frowned.

Everyone at the table gasped, not believing the words of the young boy. This girl didn't look like twenty-eight. That age was still very young for them but she looked like a baby.

"Really?"

"No!" she denied. "He's lying."

"You're doing it too."

"Ohh, I smell something... you two are very close, aren't you?" one of the women insinuated with a teasing smile.

"Are you two a thing, John?"

Oh, God! Not the paring part!

She already gets enough of that, like... every day of her life! People with a job like hers didn't need parents, siblings, or any other relatives,  to get teased. Their fans would make sure of that, they would adapt shipping not as a part-time job but as a full time one.