Chapter 21: In My Little Mind.

In The Sunset Where We Met

Chapter 21: In My Little MindOverwhelming Sincerity. 

29/08/22

Winning an award on her own and stepping into the scenario without her three sisters' presence was just so weird.

And she doesn't mean it in a bad way, it was just weird. It felt weird to be nominated alone, it felt weird not having shared the nerves and being the only one anxious, it felt weird going up the stage alone, it felt weird having to do the speech, and it felt weird having to thank them.

It's not that she hasn't thought about that before but just now she realizes that they didn't usually congratulate each other. Because they were a team. It was the four of them carrying a flag in their representation that sometimes thinking that they were four different individuals seemed a somewhat distant thought.

Happiness and gratitude for her loved ones blossomed once again in her heart, just like it always did since she chose this path. The ones who were there from the beginning, the ones who joined in the way, and the ones who she will meet in the future. All those people were in her head at the moment, every one of them who trusted her and supported her through thick and thin, in the storms and in the rainbow that later came.

But there was also another feeling making its appearance, and when she realized what it was, she was surprised by not having noticed it before.

Pride.

Pride for herself...

Anyone would say that for a girl like her, someone who always knew what she wanted in life and who believed in herself to make all those dreams come true, feeling proud would be something easy. Something usual.

And yes, she was proud of everything she has overcome. But feeling proud for being a solo artist would never cross her mind before.

Becoming part of the band, she was willing to leave her whole heart there, and the thought of being a singer and performer by herself slowly faded away in her mind as the years went on.

When the opportunity arrived at her, saying "Okay, cool. It'll be fun, I can do it" felt right. Her nerves didn't shoot up to a level counterproductive to her performance despite there being a little tickle nagging about there. But she could not completely ignore that old internal desire that was reborn little by little when, what she once imagined impossible, was taking place before her eyes.

The words that a knower stranger told her in distant reality, in one of their so many nights together, echoed at the back of her mind:

"The fact that you didn't write a song doesn't mean you're untalented, or fake, that you don't put your whole efforts there, and that the song doesn't belong to you. Trust me, there's nothing wrong about it."