13 : Chan II

I freeze when I see him sitting. He sees me in the towel and immediately looks down. I can see his ears turning red.

Chan : Hey umm...*he clears his throat* sorry. I didn't know. Just let me know when you're dressed. I have to talk to you.

Chan exits the room and I get dressed. I peek my head out the door and see Chan pacing in front of the door.

Y/N : You can come in.

Chan : Sorry about that. I didn't know you'd be...ya know.

Y/N : It's okay. What did you want to talk about?

He sits next to me on the bed.

Chan : About everything that just happened. I don't want to scare you off.

Y/N : You didn't. I'm glad you were there. It was a bit shocking, but I understand.

I rest my hand on his. He looks up into my eyes.

Y/N : I do understand. Thank you. You possibly saved so many other girls.

I give him a kiss on the cheek.

Y/N : I didn't mention this before, but those girls were high schoolers. I saw on their phones they had been in study groups for their university entrance exams.

I could see Chan's eyes begin to water. I hug him and he cries onto my shoulder. I adjust myself and hug him even tighter.

Chan : They're Hannah's age. Those girls are my sister's age.

I look at his eyes and wipe away his tears.

Y/N : Don't beat yourself up. He'll never hurt your sister now. I'm sure his life is ruined. We'll see him on the news tomorrow getting charged with who knows what. He'll be locked up and never see the light of day.

Chan : You don't know that. He has money. He could pay off the police. It happens all the time. People like him get away with whatever.

I start crying with him knowing he could be right. I bury my face into his neck and sob. We stay this way for what felt like hours.

I must have fallen asleep in his arms because I wake up in the middle of the night in the room alone. I'm under the covers with the kangaroo and puppy tucked next to me.

My mouth feels so dry, so I put on my house shoes to go downstairs to the kitchen. I grab the door knob and it's locked. Chan must have locked it when he left. As I walk downstairs, I hear sounds from the basement. It sounds like music. The basement door is too thick, I can't make out what is playing. I grab a cup of water and let my curiosity get the better of me and go to the basement.

It's Chan, he's sitting at the desktop towards the back of the basement and the song playing is in Japanese. I walk closer to him.

Y/N : Chan!

I try to speak over the music. He doesn't hear me, so I tap his shoulder. It shocks him and he quickly turns around and pauses the music.

Chan : Y/N! What are you doing in here? You can't listen to this, why aren't you asleep?

Y/N : I woke up to get a glass of water, and I heard noise coming from in here. I just got curious.

Chan : You can't hear this. It's our new song.

Y/N : Who will I tell? The last thing I'd want to do it break your trust.

Chan : Well you still can't listen to it yet. It's not finished. You'll be one of the first to hear it but only when it's done.