28 : Seoyoung

Chan and I don't talk about the recording. He tried, but I just wanted to forget about it. I wanted to text Joy, but I didn't know what to say. So I laid on the bed silently while Chan called one of the lawyers.

Too lost in my thoughts to listen to anything Chan said. I stared at the lights on his wall and just watched them turn from blue to purple to pink and back. At some point, he left the room and came back with a cup of tea. He placed it on the nightstand next to me and cuddled me. His comfort was and silence is what I needed, but it also pushed me back into reality and resulted in me bawling my eyes out.

I hadn't felt or cried this way in so long. I couldn't even think of a time like this. How do I look past this?

At some point I calmed down.

Chan : I'll be back. I'm going to make something to eat. Okay?

I nod my head and watch Chan exit the room. Now alone, I start to think more about Chloe's story. I should let Yeomgu and Hyunmin know about what she said on the recording.

****text****

Y/N : Hey guys, Chloe said some crazy things on the recording.

Yeomgu : Did she talk about Seoyeon???

Y/N : Yeah

Hyunmin : Did she admit to killing her?

Y/N : Basically. She said she lured her into an abandoned building and gave her a rope.

Yeomgu : Huh?

Y/N : And she said she had to tie the rope because Seoyeon couldn't figure it out.

Yeomgu : No. That's not right.

Y/N : What do you mean?

I waited awhile for a response. I felt my stomach turn. I tried to focus on getting my leg to stop bouncing to keep me from watching the clock. Finally I see a text.

Hyunmin : Seoyeon didn't hang herself. She fell from a window.

So Chloe admitted to a different murder. This wasn't about Seoyeon.

Y/N : So she wasn't talking about Seoyeon? Who was she talking about?

Yeomgu : Another girl at school did hang herself, but she was friends with Chloe. Really good friends.

Y/N : What was her name?

Hyunmin : She was Seoyoung. They were friends for the entirety of middle and secondary school. Until she died.

Yeomgu : Chloe said she helped Seoyoung hang herself?

Y/N : She called her Seoyeon...

Hyunmin : Huh..she's messing up her story.

Yeomgu : When can Joy meet her again?

Y/N : I haven't asked.

Hyunmin : I can text her.

Y/N : Umm no, I can do it.

Y/N : Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll get Joy to have her talk about the real Seoyeon the next time they meet.

Yeomgu : Thank you

Hyunmin : Thank you lots

********