24 : Wednesday

My eyes shoot open, and I lay for a bit shocked by the silence. There is no sound though out the house and the birds are quiet outside. I touch Chan's side of the bed and feel it's cold. He's been gone for awhile. Rolling over, I check my phone.

****text****

Channie : Left to the studio. I'll see you for lunch ❤️

Channie : We have eggs, cereal, milk, and bread. Make whatever you want. There is also a bakery a few blocks down they have the best breakfast sandwiches!! Make sure to eat!!!

Y/N : I will 😚 see you later.

********

I wash up in the bathroom my face is nearly cleared with just two scratches remaining. Consistently slathering my skin in moisturizer helped to prevent any scaring. I will have some marks for at least a week, but nothing you can see unless you're directly in my face. I grab a change of clothes, denim shirts with daisy details on the buttons and pockets, a yellow crop top, and slouchy white socks. I grab sunglasses and a cap and decide to walk to the bakery rather than drive.

It was a nice day; the sun was high and shining bright, so I made sure to use sunscreen. And I needed to enjoy the weather before it began to rain again the following days. I step out the door, and I'm immediately greeted by the smell of freshly cut grass. The neighbor across the street gives me an awkward wave, and I wave back. He must be surprised to see me considering he's only seen the guys around.

I put in my earphones and play music. The song that resumes when I press play is Saweetie's Fast Motion. Walking down the street, I desperately fight the urge to twerk my way to the end of the street. This song never fails to boost my mood. I'm skipping down the road, and the next song on my playlist is Doja Cat's Get Into It. Again fighting the urge to put a show on for the whole neighborhood, I continue to quietly sing to myself. I turn the corner and see a row of bakeries unsure which one Chan was talking about. So I pause my music and text Chan.

****text****

Y/N : Channie!!! What is the name of the bakery?

Chan : It's chokollis kkoch! Get the German chocolate croissant!!

Y/N : I will, do you want me to get you one too? I'll have it for when you come for lunch!

Chan : 🥺 please

********

I look down the row of bakeries and I see the one he's talking about. It's a cute little café. The windows have drawings of bunnies and mice enjoying coffee and tea. Some in a tea-party with puffy tulle dresses and others hopping with donuts in their mouths.

I place my mask on, remove my glasses, and enter the café. I'm immediately greeted by hello's. I walk to the register and order an egg and bacon breakfast sandwich and two German chocolate croissants. I take a seat at one of the chairs in front of the window and wait. I swivel the chair so my back is to the window and I'm facing the ordering area.

I feel eyes on me and look up meeting eyes with a group of girls. They look around high school age. And I look to my side and see two guys sitting side by side whispering as they look at me. I turn my attention to my phone trying to ignore the eyes in me. I look at the worker slowing frying an egg and just hope this goes faster. With my eyes down on my phone, I see a pair of feet appear in front of me.

The person is wearing white converse and slacks. I can't tell if it's a man or woman in front of me. I slowly look up and meet eyes with one of the girls from the group across the café.