23

Jisoo's POV

I saw the interaction between Vernon and Lisa. It's confusing. Lisa looks scared to be honest. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"I'm going to my chamber. I have other works to do as well." I said coldly before leaving with Jennie.

"Guess your wife is mad." I heard Jennie said.

I get more annoyed. "It's none of your business!" I snapped.

We entered in my chamber. I put her by my table and sit down on my own chair. After a few seconds later the other two also come in. Lisa tried to catch my eyes but I looked away.

"So let's start it now." Vernon said, sitting in front of Jennie.

I stopped him, "wait.. are you sure you want to ask her questions right now?" I asked Vernon, while glancing at Lisa.

It's not like Lisa did something but still she is an outsider in this mission. Vernon smiled mischievously and nodded.

"It's okay. Ms. Manoban can help us as well. Right?" He asked smirking at Lisa.

"Of course I can. If I know anything." She replied back coldly.

What the hell is going on between them? I noticed Vernon is always acting very suspicious around Lisa. Do they know each other before? What if he is her ex or something?

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, I felt sour. Lisa told me that she was never been in a relationship. What if it's a fling--

"Jisoo are you okay?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Lisa shook me.

I removed her hand from my shoulder, "I'm fine."

I get up, "if you are done interrogating then call me. I'm going outside for some fresh air." I hurriedly get out of the room.

I stand in the empty corridor of the hospital. The view from the big glass window is perfect. Whenever I wanted to be alone, I always come here if I'm in the hospital. The things going on in my life is really making me frustrated. Jennie came back and didn't even bother to give me explanation. She even refused to talk to me and call me a gold digger. It really breaks my heart.  On other side is Lisa who literally tried to be sexual with me then started to avoid me. My stupid heart and mind always gets dizzy when I think about that night. Her ride behavior hurts me so much. I don't even know what I did wrong. In fact I don't even understand my own feelings.

I startled when two strong pair of arms wrapped around my stomach. I know that it's Lisa. I tried to pry off of her. She pulled me closer to her.

"Stop it! We are in the hospital." I snapped.

She didn't said anything, just buried her face on my shoulder.

"I said move Lisa!" I struggled.

"I'm sorry.." she mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"I didn't mean to hurt you with my behavior. I just feel embarrassed that I tried to do something without your consent. I touched you without your permission." She said.

It sounds like she really regretted what she did.

"You must hating me now. I'll do anything to make you forgive me." She said, releasing me.

I turned around and sighed, "I do get irritated when you did that.. but I get hurt the most by your rude behaviour."

"Can we talk about it later? It's not a good place to talk about it. Still I want to tell you that.. stay away from Jennie." Her voice becomes cold.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion, "why?"

"Just do as I said! I don't like the way she was staring at you. You are my wife, she must know that!" She rambled angrily.

I get surprised by her outburst. I don't know whether to laugh or get mad.

"Are you jealous?" I blurted out suddenly.

She shuts up and glared at me though I can feel that she isn't angry.

"What are you saying? Why would I be jealous!? Ridiculous." She scoffed.

"Sure you are not." I said sarcastically. I'm loving her reactions. I don't understand why?

I heard someone cleared their voice. We turn around to see Vernon with Jennie. As if I get back my senses when I see the painful look on Jennie's face. I immediately move away from Lisa. She looked away from me.

"If you two are done talking, shall we put Ms. Kim to her bed? She is tired." Vernon said, smirking at us.

I go to Jennie, "I'll take her to the room." 

"Sure." He shrugged.

I look over at Lisa, who is now having a staring contest with Jennie. They are both looking like about to fight, but Jennie looks quite scared.

"You should go home now. I'll be back later." I said to Lisa. "Let's go Jen."

I left with her without letting Lisa reply. I seriously needed some alone time. Why am I getting attracted to Lisa? It never happened before the marriage. It feels like a spell cast on me everytime I stay close to her. I look down at Jennie who is silently sitting as the elevator start. Am I falling out of love? Am I gonna break our promises? Isn't it the right thing to do? To fall out of love after what Jennie did to me?

As soon as the elevator stopped Jennie spoke, "call me Jennie not Jen. She is already dead for you."

Those words literally pierced my heart. I wanted to cry and beg to her to tell me what I did that she left me and now saying these words. But I have had enough of this. I'm not going to beg to her like before.

"Sure Jennie. I have no intention to even get close to you. I'm your doctor for a few days. Then you're on your way and I'm on mine." I said those harsh words as I decided to forget her.

She look up at me with those sad eyes, like she is about to cry. I don't care anymore. If she think that I'll beg then it's her fault. Fuck her and this love!

_________________________________________