33

Jisoo's POV

We are waiting for Vernon in front of the police station.

"I'm having a bad feeling." Jennie said.

I look at her, "what?"

"Think about it chu. If Vernon really knows every single thing then why he didn't contact you first or at least tried to stop Lisa from killing people?" She said.

She do have a point though. I thought about it also. He could had stopped my parents death or Jennie's father death.

"Let's find out what he actually wants." I said as soon as I saw him coming to the car.

He get in the car. "Sorry for making you wait. Let's go now."

We didn't said anything the whole ride. It took approximately 4 hours to reach the destination. The villa is far away from the locality. Trees and meadows can be mostly. Jennie parked her car in front of the house. Vernon didn't said anything, only signalled us to follow him.

The house looks really creepy. It looks like no one renovated it since it's made. The old wooden floor, dusty pictures hanging on the wall, huge Chandler, antique pieces everywhere, making the atmosphere more oppressive.

"Good morning grandpa.." Vernon said making me look over infront of us.

There he is, sitting in the Victorian fashioned armchair. He was reading a book. As soon as he look up a chill run down my spine. His pupils are purple. He didn't greeted back or say anything. He directly look at me. His stared at me coldly. As soon as his eyes fall on the locket, he jumped up.

"There it is!" He shouted before coming towards me almost running.

I backed away, immediately Jennie pushed myself behind her.

"Grandpa stop!" Vernon hold him back.

"No!! I'm searching for it for my whole life! I succeeded. Can you give it to me girl?" He is going crazy.

"We should leave Jisoo.." Jennie said, holding my hand tightly.

"Grandpa.." Vernon said through his greeted teeth. I can hear the warning in his voice.

His grandfather calmed down. Getting back to normal, he sit down on his chair again. I'm scared to even stay at his presence for a second.

"We are leaving." Jennie said firmly.

"No! Don't leave. My grandpa is like this. I'm sorry for his behavior." Vernon stopped us. "He won't harm any of you."

Jennie look at me. I can tell that she doesn't want to stay here. I'm also scared but I need to know the solution. I nodded, assuring her.

"Okay.." she mumbled.

We sit down on the opposite couch of him. He is still staring at the locket. Vernon explained everything to him.

"I knew this is gonna happen." He said, lighting his cigar.

"What should we do now? Is there any solution?" I asked.

"Give that moon stone to me." He laughed loudly which echoed through the house making me flinched.

"Why are you keep on talking about that moon stone? It belongs to Jisoo. She won't give it to anyone. If you can't give us any solution then we are leaving." Jennie angrily said.

She hold my hand, dragging me to the door. Vernon stopped us.

"I'm sorry on my grandpa's behalf. Please just listen to him." He requested.

I give a squeeze to Jennie's hand. She sighed before going back in.

As soon as we sit down he started to speak, "the moon stone and a special dagger are the only things that can kill Nox."

"A dagger? Where can we find it?" I asked curiously.

He leaned forward a bit. His shaggy face still emitting a strong authoritative power.

"On the day of red moon, you need to go to the 'Forest of Unknown'. You'll find a cave in the restricted area. There you'll find a box where that dagger is." He said.

"Then we need to go. What if Lisa is already there??" Jennie asked.

"We can't go today. We will go the day after tomorrow. The 'Red Moon' day." Vernon said, "in that way we will find her at the same place and can kill her as well."

I can't help but to laugh, all of them look at me.

"What's so funny?" Vernon asked.

"Are you all dumb? Is she a little kitten that we can catch easily? She is a fucking beast! She killed so many people. Us three can't handle her!" I stated.

Vernon laughed, "what are you here for? You have the moon stone. You need to use it when she will try to attack us." He said casually.

Jennie was silent the whole time. I look at her.

"Your work will be more easier if you give that gem to me." His grandpa again said it while creepily smiling at me.

I'm not going to give this stone anyone. I don't know what it's power is, but I can tell that if it fell in others hand they will wrongly use it.

"If we are done talking then can we leave?" Jennie asked suddenly.

"I thought all of you are going to stay." Vernon's grandpa said.

"No we won't." Jennie answered immediately.

I can tell that she felt alarmed. I don't want to stay in this creepy place with that psycho old man as well.

"It would be better if you two stay here. It's already dark outside. What if Nox attacked you? She must have known already that you come here. You all are safe in this house cause her powers doesn't work." Vernon said, almost ordering us.

We have no choice but to stay. Vernon give us a room. At first his grandfqther wanted both of us to sleep in separate rooms. I'm the one who refused. I'm not scared and I can't sleep if I'm alone.

"Can't stay away from me?" Jennie joked as I come out of the bathroom.

I glared at her, "don't get high hope. It's risky to stay alone."

"Whatever. Still you want my presence." She laughed.

I frowned, "Jen I'm not in the mood to joke."

"Okay okay sorry.." she smiled.

I sit on the bed. She moved to a side to give me a huge space. We need to sleep on the same bed. There's no couch. It's way too cold to even sleep on the floor. We lay down leaving a huge space between us. I can't sleep. A lot of thoughts are in my head. Especially my parents faces keep on coming up in my mind.

"Can't sleep?" I opened my eyes and look over at Jennie.

She is supporting her body by the elbow and staring at me. I nodded.

"Hmm.. wanna cuddle?" She asked, "don't think i want take advantage of you. I just want to help you." She added.

I don't want to give in. Though I really need it. I hesitated before snuggled closer to her. She didn't wasted time to hold me securely in her arms. We didn't talked for a few mins. I'm listening to her heartbeats. It's soothing.

"Do you think they are hiding something from us?" I look up at her because of the question.

"I don't know.. I feel uncomfortable." I mumbled.

She sighed, pulling me more closer, leaving not  a little space. I didn't refused cause I crave for her presence for so long.

"I'm here.. to protect you." I heard her mumbling as a smile stuck in my lips.

_________________________________________

How are you all?

Vote and comment!

<333