25

Jisoo's POV

When I woke up in the morning I found myself in our room instead of the guest room. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked around but didn't found Lisa. She must put me here. I remember how I cried in her embrace. I'm embarrassed because of that. I was mad at her then cry infront of her.

My eyes fall on the bedside table. There's a food tray and a note. I take the sticky note, "I cook for you. I know you'll go to hospital no matter what. Just make sure to eat. I'm sorry again for my behavior and forcing you. I'll make it up to you. See you later. ♡"

I sighed, but still my heart fluttered a bit. I don't want to admit it but she is caring. She is trying to make forgive her as much as she can. My phone buzzed. I opened it to find a text from Lisa.

"Have you eaten yet? Don't you dare to go to hospital without eating."

Ugh! She is persistent. It's already 9 A.M. I hurriedly finished the breakfast then go to the bathroom. When I arrived at the hospital it's already 10. I reported in the administration office before going to my chamber. My first task is to check on Jennie. I pushed aside all those personal matters aside before going to her room.

I saw Jennie is reading a book. I didn't said anything and look through her file.

"Good morning Jisoo." She greeted suddenly.

I nodded, "morning Jennie."

I can feel her stare. "Stop frowning, it doesn't suit you."

I glared at her. "Does it matters to you?"

"Yes. It ruins your beautiful face." She giggled.

I felt dumbfounded. What the hell is wrong with her? Is she trying to flirt?

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Of course I am." She shrugged.

I didn't replied. I don't even want stay close to her anyway.

"So how's your life going?" She asked again.

I sighed, "it's good."

I seriously don't understand her right now.

"What kind of person is Lisa though? You seemed quite attached to her so quickly." Jennie asked, smirking.

"A gentlewoman, who can at least know how to treat her wife. Always being careful and showing utmost care and love." I snapped at her.

I want to make her regret what she did to me. I can see her expression changed into furious then to sad.

"Great then.." she said leaned back on the headboard. "I thought she gave you enough money and luxury to forget me."

This time I can't control my anger anymore.

"Enough Jennie! This is the second time you are trying to call me a fucking gold digger! Who do you think you are? I never knew you can be cheap minded like this. After all these years being with you still didn't make me realise how much of a bitch you are!" I put her file down on the table before going out of her room.

I can't stop my tears. I really made a big mistake by loving Jennie.

.
.
.
.
.

Jennie's POV

Shit! What have I done? My fucking temper is really getting worst now. I insulted Jisoo again.

"Didn't I told you to hold back your anger?" Vernon said, sitting down on the stool.

"I'm sorry. I just can't control." I apologized.

He sighed. "You are going to fail this mission."

I bite my lip feeling guilty. It all happened because of me. If only I didn't left her alone then she wouldn't had a chance to meet with Lisa. I failed to protect my father and now Jisoo.

Flashback

My blood boiled in anger as Vernon said that Lisa killed my father. What had he done to her? This is the only question running through my mind.

"So you're saying that Lisa is the monster. She is the most wanted serial killer and my father's killer as well." I repeated it again. I just can't believe it.

"Hmm yes. I know you must be having problem in believing that Lisa is a werewolf. It's all true. We need to stop it no matter what." He said in determination.

"I want to know why did she killed my father? We never had any connection with Lisa. My father was living in the village for years and rarely came to city. He is not a person who will have enemies as well." I said.

Truly my dad was a very honest, soft and kind person. He never hurt anyone. Always helping others. Then why did Lisa killed him?

"It's because of Jisoo."

"What!? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Lisa wanted Jisoo. She must had spied on you and found out that you're coming to Seoul to meet with Jisoo at their wedding day. She doesn't wanted you to meet with Jisoo. Maybe that's why she killed your father." He explained.

"Still it's not a very clear explanation. You are still hiding somethings." I said directly.

His eyes gets darker, "when the time comes you'll know everything. For now help me with this case and I'll help you in return."

I don't want to make him mad. He is already looking intimidating in his normal self. I suppressed the urge to ask more questions.

"You need to get close to Jisoo again."

"What the hell! Why? I can't do that."

"You have to. She is your ex. The break up between you two is not clear. I'm sure she still loves you. You need to get information from her." He said casually.

He searched a lot. I can't really snap at him for going through my personal informations. He is quite mysterious though.

"Try to get close to her. We need more information to expose Lisa without having any problem." He ordered me.

Why do I feel like he have some other intentions?

Flashback ends

"I'll try my best next time." I said.

"The time is running out. I want you to make your move fast. Every minute is valuable." He snapped at me.

I don't know why I'm having bad feeling. What if Jisoo gets hurts in this process? I need to be very careful.

How did Lisa becomes like this? We are living in a modern world. The supernatural things are only in movies. The bigger question is how did Vernon knows all about this and taking it so casually? Something is really fishy.

_________________________________________