Spoiler Alert: A Quick Visit!

I love flowers, so in this chapter, I used some of my language of the flowers knowledge and used my favorite flower! The meaning of pink gladiolus means maternal love while purple on mean grace! I just wanted to express how Senjuro feels without explicitly saying it...

English is underlined.

You did not blame Rengoku for not being able to protect you. You choose to almost die, it wasn't his fault. You weren't mad at him for anything, because was the one who stayed by your side when you were bedridden. He let you cry to him about how you missed your friends.

So, you decided to visit him. Just a quick visit before you left to the red district arc. It wasn't just on a whim though, Senjuro had been asking you for a while to come visit. The two of you had become incredibly close after your last visits. 

You liked to think you had taught him a lot.

So here you stood in from of the estate of two former hashira. Though you had been here before, you were a bit worried about running in Shinjuro. Last time you were lucky enough to avoid him.

"Y/n! You actually came!" You heard from ahead of you, seeing Senjuro standing there with a broom in his hand. His smile somehow always made you happy. He was too sweet.

"Here I am!" You said smiling as you ran forward to him and gave him a big hug, "I was having some trouble back at the butterfly estate and needed a break before my big mission!"

"Huh? Big mission?" You heard from bedside you, looking to see Kyojuro standing with a cane. After he healed, he tried to get back to demon-slaying but strained himself big time. His leg got injured almost immediately after starting to train again.

"Hi, Kyojuro!" You smiled at him, letting go of the smiling Senjuro. You stood with your hands on your hips as you let out a sigh, "I've got a mission with the Sound pillar, he thinks it's a uppermoon so I'm backup!"

"Why you? Wouldn't a hashira be better?" He asked worriedly, stepping forward a bit to get a better look at your face, "It doesn't seem safe for you to go..."

"I'll be fine, I recently got permission to take on higher-level missions!" You laughed proudly as Senjuro clapped for you. You reached your hand out and put it on Kyojuro's shoulder, "I'll do fine, I already know what's going to happen anyway!"

"So..." Kyojuro started before Senjuro interrupted.

"Let's go sit down somewhere, I'll make tea!" Senjuro started to drag you away with him, making Kyojuro trail behind.

Kyojuro let out a small laugh at his brother's hospitality as he dragged you to a patio-type place. Something like what Kagaya sits on during the hashira meetings.

Senjuro sat the both of you down on a ledge before scampering off to make some tea for the three of you. He was excited to have visitors seeing as no one really visits anymore.

"Is it a uppermoon?" Kyojuro said as he looked at a tree in the garden. He was biting his lip in worry, refusing to look at your face.

"Yes, technically two of them," You answered with a smile, no worry in your voice. After fighting Akaza you didn't really worry about the uppermoons too much. You could at least stand your ground against one.

"..." 

"..."

"Don't die please," Kyojuro broke the silence, looking to the floor as he clenched his hand into a fist, "I... I still blame myself."

"I already said not to Kyojuro," You looked over and smiled at him, putting a hand on his clenched fist, "I would've been happy to die if it meant you lived."