Lady Elizabeth Cotillion

Lady Elizabeth's Cotillion

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard turns 15 years old on May 1, 2290 and it is time for her coming out cotillion.

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane will be escorted into the ballroom at The Ritz Ballroom in Norfolk Territory along with all the young ladies that turn 15 years old.

Lady Elizabeth will be dressed in a Victorian white dress and she will be wearing a crown of flowers on her hair.

This is the first of many events of a young aristocratic lady's life only next to her 16th birthday, her wedding day and her giving birth to her first child.

Lord Andrew Charles is dressed in one of his many tailored four breasted suits and Lady Karissa is dressed in amethyst and gold Regency style dress and Lord Anthony accompanies his sister and parents to the cotillion where she will be presented to polite society on Star Base 12.

The coming out cotillion gives the father's of young men a chance to look for a bride for their eldest son who is two years older than the young women that are being presented at the cotillion.

Most of these young women will be married off when they are 18 years old and their future bride grooms will be 20 years old.

A formal period of a two year courtship between the young couple is supervised by the young woman's mother and father and they are not left unattended.

Lord Andrew Charles looks at Lady Karissa " I doubt that any of these young women are even virgins." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"It is traditional that the young women are dressed in simple white dresses when they are being presented by their father's at their coming-out cotillion." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"I remember my father taking Lady Charlotte Augusta to her cotillion in 2260." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"My father found her a worthy match with the Duke of Buckingham Territory on Star Base 10." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"My father found a worthy match for Lady Patricia with Lord Ralph Neville, the heir to the Earldom of Westmoreland Territory on Star Base 10." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"I don't know how my father found the woman he married Lord Charles Andrew III too, but he married Lord Patrick William to the Duke of Buckingham Territory eldest daughter, Lady Pauline Charlene." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"I am sure that Lord Richard Edward II will be there tonight with Lord Richard Edward III at the cotillion." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"Lady Elizabeth and Lord Richard Edward IIII can't marry until 2294, as Lord Richard Edward III is 16 months younger than Lady Elizabeth." Lady Karissa states.

"My cousin will make an exception to the rule and allow his son to marry a year early. Young men and ladies mature fast." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

"Lord Richard Edward III is well-endowed." Lord Andrew Charles states, "My first cousin only wanted two children."

"I deem Lord Richard Edward II very intelligent.' Lady Karissa explains.

"Lord Richard Edward II is only Duke of Wessex Territory and it's not as influential as Norfolk Territory." Lord Andrew Charles states, "He is only the grandson of my grandfather's second son." "

"There was no need for him to hurry to marry. He married Lady Suzanne Victoria Bell." Lord Andrew Charles states.

"He was married in 2274 before we married and they didn't have their first child until 2276 and their second one wasn't born until 2282." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.