four

・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

The water was crystal clear and the moon was out high in the sky. I could recognize at least four constellations right off the top of my head. I've always been an astronomy girl. It's really interesting knowing that the stars we see are over ten-thousand light years away.

My phone and a notebook was next to me as I lie on the dock, staring up at the stars. The nighttime calmed me, the way the wind blew was so refreshing. A twig broke behind me and I quickly sat up, looking over in that direction. I saw a tall figure with a large frame. My eyebrows raised as I stared, trying to make up what or who it was.

"Paisley?" the deep voice calls out, getting closer and closer. Until I saw his face, "Grayson? What are you doing out here?" I say as my face softens. He walked closer to me, he was wearing black nike shorts and a white tshirt. Grayson sat down next to me, looking into the water at his reflection. I noticed his face looked damp and he refused to look me in the eyes.

He remained silent and watched the water. "Why are you out here so late?" he questions, glancing my way. "Just needed to clear my head, you?" I reply while looking into his soft brown eyes.

He had definitely been crying, or at least shedded a tear. His eyes were glossy and his under eyes were glistening. "Same." Grayson whispered. I began fiddling with my hands

Grayson didn't seem like the type to open up about his feelings, and with the such short responses I don't think he plans on doing so. "Want to go swimming?" he grins, nudging my shoulder with his. "Sorry Hayes, I don't know how to swim. Plus I don't have a bathing suit." I shrug, giving him a small smile. "You don't know how to swim?" his laugh echos through the atmosphere as he stood up. Grayson took his shirt off revealing his tanned abs, handed the shirt to me and jumped into the lake. My jaw dropped, not actually thinking he would jump in. I quickly jumped up looking into the 'deep' water to find him.

Moments later, he popped up. "Cmon Paisley, put my shirt on and come in." he smiled while treading water, "You can hold onto me." he added, pushing himself back onto the dock. I rolled my eyes and took his hoodie off, I scanned it on the floor and realized it said his last name on it. "Grayson Hayes, you let me walk out of your house with a hoodie that says your last name on it!" I scolded trying not to laugh. He was still facing the other way, but I could tell he was smiling.

I took my shorts off, put his tshirt on and sat next to him at the edge of the dock, my feet barely poking into the water. He glances at me and jumps back in the water, holding his hands out for me to jump onto him. and I did.

My skin tingled as the cold water rose up my thigh to my chest. I shivered a little bit then Grayson pulled me closer to his warm chest. His touch was so gentle. He swum a little further out, "Grayson I can't swim why are we going further out." I squeal as we're getting further and further away from the doc. He rolled his eyes, "Pais, I can stand. You'll be okay."

Right. I forgot he was tall as shit. "Now about the party tomorrow." he says, trying to making eye contact with me but failed because I kept looking away. "I don't know what Jamie said, but I didn't say anything!" I assure and he raises and eyebrow.

"So you don't want me there?" his voices deepens as he brings his hand to my face, making me look at him. It's not a secret that Grayson is attractive, and he looks even more attractive with his hair wet, under the moonlight. His brown eyes give me an intense stare and my face turned fifty shades of red as I stared into his eyes. I shook my head, "I'm not even going to be at the party. I'll be in my room." I shrugged as my eyes went down to the tattoo on his neck, that had four crows flying up to his ear.

Instinctively, my finger traces his neck. "Well," he breathed, looking away from my face. "I'd like to see you there." he mumbled as he started swimming back to the dock.

He'd like to see me there? Really?

Grayson helped me back on the dock, I heard him gulp as he grabbed my waist to do so. I looked down at myself to realize this white tshirt wasn't leaving anything to the imagination. It clung to my figure and you could see my pink laced bra and my matching underwear through it. "Sorry," I whispered, taking his shirt off and replacing it with the hoodie and my shorts.

He climbed up and readjusted his shorts, not looking at me while I changed. "Want me to walk you home?" he asked as he placed his hand on my head. I looked up at his chocolate eyes with a small "That would be nice."

We walked to my house in comfortable silence, the roads were clear and the only reason we were able to see was because of the shining moon above us. When we reached my house, he halted and turned to look at me. "Goodnight, Paisley." he smiled, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind my ear.

"Goodnight." I replied while I turned to walk into my house. The door opened and I saw mom looking at me horrified. "Why are you wet? Who the hell is that?" she screeched while slamming the door shut, pushing me into the house. "I was at the lake and thats Grayson." I shrugged, directing my eyes to the floor. Her face drops at the sound of Graysons name.

"You know that boy is no good!" she shouts as she stares at my glistening body. "He's going to do the same thing Lucas did!" she growled, narrowing her eyes at me. I flinched when she said his name.

Why did she have to bring it up?

"Don't say his name" I whisper while my eyes began glossing up. "You cannot hold what he did against me." I yelled back as I ran up the steep stairs. My door slammed shut and I jumped onto my bed, covering myself with my blanket. Not gonna lie, I cried like a maniac. Why? I don't know.

Maybe it's because mom brought up the one thing that she knew would hurt me, or because I let her hurt me. But, I couldn't tell you.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of someone walking into my room. I turned from my window to the door to see dad walking in. He sat at the end of my bed. "I hope you know your mother didn't mean what she said." he spoke, staring into my eyes. I groan "Then why did she say it?"

"I don't know." he mumbled and looked at the ground. "We're leaving, I'll see you in a few days kiddo." he smiled and bent over the bed to give me a hug. I hugged him back and he left. I ended up staying in bed for a few more hours when I then decided to go get some food. Walking downstairs, I heard a girls voice. My eyes spot Stephanie, on top of my brother. "Gross." I mutter as I scurry into the kitchen. Jamie always loved having girl friends over, but during the day, in the living room? That's just weird.

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Leaning on the counter, I took a big bite. "Hey Paisley, the party starts in two hours." Jamie says, taking the peanut butter off the counter. My eyes furrow "in two hours? I thought it started at eight?" I counter

"Paisley, it's already six." Jamie smiles and my eyes widen. Have I really been asleep all day? "Heard you were out with Grayson last night," he wiggled his thick eyebrows up and down. I hummed a response, trying to shut down the entire conversation. "Yall would be cute together-" he shrugs "Shut it Jamie."

"Fine fine. Go grab the red solo cups out of the garage for me please." he fluttered his eyes and poured his lips. I rolled my eyes and walked into the garage, grabbing the big bag of cups. When I walked out, Jamie had at least 30 bottles of the liquor and beer on the counter.

Oh my god.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Liquor :(

word count: 1481