fifteen

jansens house ^^

jansens house ^^

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Everyday after school for the past two weeks, I drove to Graysons house to help around. Whether it be cleaning, making food, walking the dogs, etc. I didn't want Grayson on his feet too much or using his arm.

Today I drove him to physical therapy. His therapist was very nice, his name is Matthew. He has an amputated leg, which is honestly really cool.

I sat in the waiting room, on my phone waiting for Gray to be done. When the door swung open, I saw Grayson clenching his right fist, he looked very tense. Quickly, I stood up and walked over to him. "How was it?" I asked while taking his hand. "Fine." he replied, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Paisley, may I talk to you please?" Matthew asks from the doorway. I nod and walk over to him while Grayson leans against the wall on his phone. "What's up?"

Matthew sighs and stares at the clipboard in his hand. I raise and eyebrow and crossed my arms. "As much as I love his determination, he keeps re hurting himself." Matthew frowns and looks at in my eyes. "I don't understand, last Thursday you said he was doing great?" I say, looking at him nervously.

"He was. We did another examination today and he's back to the start. Is there anything he's been doing at home using that arm?" he questions as I stare at the carpeted floor.

Back to square one? There's no way, I'm always with him making sure he doesn't hurt himself again. Yet he still has? "No," I pause "I don't think he's been doing anything."

Matthew nods and smiles at me. "I'll see you guys Thursday."

"See you."

I walked over to Grayson as we both headed to the car. Before he gets in, I stop him. "Lift up your shirt." I say.

"What?"

"Just do it, Grayson."

He rolls his eyes and lifts up his shirt. No bandage, no brace. I look up at him, to see him completely stone cold. It's like his emotions just turned off. "This is why you're not getting better. You need to wear your brace and bandage Grayson." I say sternly, pulling his shirt back down. My eyes narrow at him but he just pushes past me and sits in the passenger seat.

The ride was silent, it was a mixture between comfortable and uncomfortable. I couldn't tell why. Maybe it's because he has been acting like a complete douche.

I know this is hard on him, considering his entire career is on the line. Really, I don't blame him for getting agitated easily. Especially when people are telling him to take it easy. Grayson is not a 'take it easy' person. If he wants something, he'll over work himself until he gets it.

I planned a little picnic for us. Nothing too big, just at the dock. His mom set it up while we were at PT. As I pulled into the parking lot, he looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Come on." I say as I'm opening my car door. He does the same and follows me. I smile when I see the beautifully set up picnic area. "Paisley." he mumbles and grabs my wrist, pulling me to him. I look into his dull eyes and furrow my eyebrows.