fourteen

A/N: realize i said prom was on a friday, just note that it was indeed on a saturday

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

I said goodbye to Grayson and braced myself to get scolded at by dad. When I walked in, the house was silent. Dad was nowhere in sight, at least in the living room. I strutted into the kitchen to see him leaning against the counter. "Where were you?" he asks, a glint of annoyance steaming in his eyes.

"Graysons." I say nonchalantly and he nods. "I thought you were dating his brother?" he raises a brow, taking a sip of his coffee. "Bryson? No." I lightly chuckle while grabbing a cup out of the cupboard. Dad nods slowly and pays me on the back. "Okay kiddo. Just be careful with him. Love you." he says, walking away. "Love you too." I whisper.

Dad was never one to yell or get visibly angry. He was very good at holding it in, or being very calm about it. I only think I've seen him lose his shit once and that was when Jamie absolutely totaled a brand new car. Which I understand, I'd be angry too.

My phone buzzes from my pocket and I take it out to see who it was from.

Kenyia: tryna go to the movies tn?

Me: What movie are we seeing?

Kenyia: uhh, the rise of gru

Me: i'll think about it.

Im absolutely exhausted from last night. Parties are not my thing. Especially when the whole junior and senior class was there.

I ran upstairs to my room and jumped onto my bed, watching Netflix on my phone. The Vampire Diaries to be exact. My eyes kept directing to the time, 4:15, 5:56, 8:30, 9:10.

He still hasn't called. Maybe he fell asleep? No, its too early to go to sleep. My thumb is hovering over the 'Call' button. What am I doing? I quickly tap the button and press my thumbnail between my teeth. The phone goes up to my ear as I wait for him to answer. It rung once then went to voicemail. Fuck that.

I go get dressed in my pajamas and start getting ready to go to sleep. A knock lands on my door and I hum a response. The door slowly opens when Jamie peaks in. "Have you talked to Grayson?" hes asks with a worrisome face. My eyebrows raised, "Not since like three, why?" I reply, he walks in and hands me the phone.

Gray: my dad is here jamie
Jamie: what???
Jamie: gray are u good?
Jamie: gray?

"That was an hour ago. Paisley his father is a psychopath." he frowns while taking his phone back. I sit on my spin chair to think. "He mightve just fallen asleep? Or turned his phone off? We'll see him tomorrow." I say, looking down at my painted nails.

We indeed did not see him tomorrow. The day went extremely slow and Grayson was no where in sight. Same with the next day, Jamie and I were getting very nervous.