nine

・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

"Paisley!"

My head whips around to see the tall dark-skinned girl, Kenyia. "Paisley. I am so sorry." She pleads, I glance over at Jamie who's giving me a weird look. "I had no idea what she was going to do." Kenyia frowns and I place my hand on her shoulder. "It's okay." I smiled and her eyes widen. She pulled my into a tight hug.

"Pais, I'll see you after the game." Jamie grins as he walks to the dugout. I give him a small wave and turn back to Kenyia. "You're brothers hot." She winks and elbows me in the side. "Ew, gross" I laugh as we both go sit on the already filled stands. Me and Kenyia chatted for a little while when they began announcing the starting lineup.

"First Baseman, Jamie Smith!"

Me, Kenyia and a few other people began cheering as Jamie made his way to his position. He smiled and waved. I never realized how much Jamie glowed when he played baseball. He looks like an entirely different human. They announced the rest of the starting lineup.

"Last but certainly not least, our D1 committed pitcher, Grayson Hayes!"

The entire crowd when wild as Grayson walked up to the mound. I don't think that our football team stands gets this loud and there's usually a lot more people there. Graysons eyes landed on mine and he smiled with his beaming white teeth. I waved at him and he nodded slightly. "Girl, he totally has a thing for you." Kenyia whispers, I glance over at here to see a big smile on her face. Shaking my head, I say "Nah. Isn't he texting Makayla again?"

"What? No. She's texting his br-"

"Hey, Paisley." a deep voice says. I turn and meet eyes with icey blue ones. "Hey Bryson." I smile as he sits next to me. Kenyias face drops at the sight of him. "Whatre you doing here?" I ask while playing with my fingers. He stares forward with a blank face, when I realize he's staring at Grayson who's getting ready to pitch. My eyebrows furrow. "Just need to talk to Grayson." he shrugged and gave me a small smile. "Right." I nod and watch the game.

Grayson just struck out two people in a row! The last player, who is a bigger guy, hits a ground ball to the short stop who sends the ball straight to first and gets him out. Wow. That was a beautiful play. I felt a pair of eyes on me and when I glanced over I saw Bryson staring into my soul. I couldn't really figure out his expression. He looked blank? "You look really pretty right now." he whispers close to my ear. I smile "Thank you."

When I looked back up I saw that Grayson was up to bat. His walk up song was "She got the best of me" by Luke Combs. I chuckled when it starting playing, remembering that one of his favorite artists was Luke Combs. Bases were loaded and Grayson was 2-1. Next thing you know, he swings and that ball is gone! What can't this dude do?

Four runs come across base and Grayson looks over at me and smiles. I smile back as he runs into the dugout. "You know what he did." Bryson mumbles and my eyebrows furrow. "What?"