Prologue

So I finally decided to write this, it's been a while since I finished the other 2 books but I didn't want to stop writing this. So this is the third book Let You Down. Anyways, Ariel is the girl on the cover, and Dean is the boy to the side. So ya I hope you enjoy this book and stuff. Love you guys. <3

Ariel

I walked into my fathers room, nearly vomiting at the smell of body odor and booze.

I stepped over the empty bottles and dirty clothes to get his bed. His greasy brown hair was over his face, he hasn't dyed it since she died, felt like it was wrong.

"Dad wake up." I put a hand on his shoulder and lightly shook him. "It's past noon."

"Screw off." He hit my hand away with force.

"You can't keep doing this to yourself dad." I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You can't tell me what to do." He rolled over, glaring at me with those green eyes that look so much like mine. When I was 4 my eyes had changed from blue to green, making me look that much more like my father.

"Dad, you're gonna kill yourself if you keep acting like this." I told him, pain etched deep in my voice.

"Why would you care?" He spat at me. "You're just a little bitch! Now leave me alone!" I rolled my eyes and walked out of his room, going back downstairs.

Dean was sitting at the kitchen table, with his school books spread out and his white and red were blasting music so loud I could hear it from here.

I reached over and turned his music down, then kissed his forehead and let him return to his homework.

Sometimes I forget that I'm supposed to be his big sister, I act more like his mom at times. I ran my fingers through my long red hair that I've been dying since I turned 13. I was named after The Little Mermaid, made sense to me that if I had the name, might as well have the hair too.

I pressed my face against the wooden cupboard door and let out a shallow breath. I turned my head slightly, seeing Dean standing there, holding an envelope in his hands.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and tilted my head to the side, he held it out to me and went back to the table, sitting in the same chair, watching me.

Dear Ariel,
I'm terribly sorry to be writing this letter but I had no other way to contact you. Mr Dean has been failing in my math class and if he doesn't get at least a 60% on the next math test, he'll have to redo the whole year with me. Now I don't want to do that but I'm afraid it's come to that.
My apologies,
Mrs McTaggart

I read the letter and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to figure out what to do from there. I looked over at Dean who was close to crying. I beckoned him over and pulled him into a hug when he got close enough.

"It's okay Dean, we'll figure it out." I whispered to him. "We always do."