Chapter 30

So my friend left yesterday and I have free time again so I wrote this and it's an okay chapter so ya. Read on :)
Ariel's POV

"We're here to visit Tony Colt."

I looked around the room we were in, seeing a whole selection of people scattered over the place.

There were girlfriends, wives, children, mothers, fathers, grandparents. So many people were in this room at the same time displaying all sorts of emotions.

There were faces already soaked with tears, the children had smiles plastered on their faces, I saw anger in the faces of the older people and love in the faces of the wives and girlfriends.

"Names?" I turned back to the woman behind the glass window.

"Patrick Stewart, Ariel Colt and Dean Colt."

Dean grabbed my hand, squeezing tightly as he looked past the bars and down the long hall.

"I only have Ariel and Dean Colt on the visiting list."

Patty and I looked at each other, my eyes filled with panic, his full of sympathy.

"Can you do anything?" Patty asked her, his hands gripping the desk.

"If you're not on the list you can't go through." She stated, setting the list to the side.

"But." Patty tried to argue.

"No excuses, you'll have to wait outside."

Patty looked at me, seeing the fear that was all over my face and raised a hand to cup my cheek.

"I'll be right out here." He told me.

I nodded, leaning against him as his lips pressed against mine for a short second.

"Alright then."

Patty stepped away from the desk and the lady turned to us instead.

"Ariel and Dean Colt for Tony Colt." She ruffled through the papers in my dad's files and came up with 2 pieces of paper. "Daughter and son." She looked up at the both of us then down at the paper. "You just turned 18?"

I nodded at her question and squeezed Dean's hand lightly.

"Okay." She reached over to the side and grabbed 2 passes. She slid them through the passage way and I grabbed them, handing one over to Dean.

"Everybody with a visitors pass through here!"

We were led through a gate and down hallways, passing empty cells along the way.

Dean and I sat at a table near the back wall, a bit away from the other people but still in view of those coming through the doors.

I kept my eyes on the doors, swallowing harshly when I saw my father come through the doors.

He spotted us and immediately made his way over, sitting in the extra chair on the other side of the table.

"Ariel." He looked at me, tears in his eyes. "Dean."

I looked down at Dean who was tracing the scratches on the table.

"How are you 2." Tony started talking. "Your birthday was earlier this week right?" He asked me. "And you graduated."

"Dad." I spoke up, cutting off his rambling. "We came here for a reason."

"What is it?" He asked, twiddling his thumbs.

"We're leaving."

"What?" His eyes went wide and he looked between Dean and I.

"Dean and I are moving to Canada."

He was quiet, his eyes flickered down to the table.

"When?" His voice came out strangled.

"When we finish packing." I played with the hem of my shirt.

"But you can't leave."

"We have to dad." I sighed.

"No you don't, I won't allow you to leave."

"How are you gonna stop us?" I asked. "You're in prison."

"Your uncles won't let you." He tried.

"They already know, and they think it's the best thing for us."

His jaw fell open, staring between Dean and I.

"But..."

"This is happening dad." I told him. "I'm sorry." I stood up, tugging on Dean's hand.

He stood up but didn't move, he just stood in the place, staring at our father who was trying not to let tears fall down his face.

Dean opened his mouth, then closed it quickly, swallowing harshly and taking a deep breath.

"Dad..." Dean's voice was scratchy, barely audible since he hasn't used it in years. "Please..." He stopped, taking another deep breath. "Take...care..." He squeezed my hand. "Of...your..." He stopped, taking a breath again. "Self..."

Our dad now had tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Come on Dean." I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "Bye dad."