Chapter 11

Ariel

I showed up to work that Monday, bringing Dean with me so he could be away from the monster that we have been living with for the past few days. 

"Do your homework and come find me if you need me." The 13 year old boy nodded and went off to a corner to do his work with any distractions. I sighed as I watched him for a minute. He sat on the concrete ground and spread his books around him in a semi circle. Seeing him from far away was easier than seeing him up close. From far away he seemed calm, relaxed even, yet up close, you could see the fear in his eyes, the constant dark circles that were under his eyes. He looked much older than 13, and acted older than it too. 

I sighed, tearing my eyes away from Dean to look around for Richie. I spotted him over by the corridor that lead to his office. I walked over and stood in front of him. 

"Hello Ari." He smiled, making my nerves disperse a little. "So, today, you're gonna be on clothes, Hunter will be showing you around the clothing department, should be pretty easy for your first job." I nodded, going over to Hunter, who I now recognize as the guy who gives me my glow in the dark stuff when I go skating here. 

"So you're my trainee." Hunter looked me up and down with his dark eyes and shrugged. "Alright, lets learn you." He opened the door that lead into the room where all the clothes are and showed me where everything is. "Hand them the piece of clothing, sign off what item was taken, then when it's returned, sign it again." He explained and handed me the clipboard. I nodded and took the clipboard, turning back to the window. 

1 line had formed as Hunter was showing me what to do. It seemed to go by fast, and soon, there wasn't anybody left in line. The whole night went by faster than I thought it would, it only felt like an hour but here we were, closing up and checking to make sure everything was back. 

"Have a good night." I told the last person who came to return the clothing they borrowed, they smiled at me and walked away. I gave the last shirt to Hunter who hung it back up on the hook and checked to make sure everything was there and accounted for. 

"See you tomorrow then?" Hunter asked as he locked the door to the clothing room. I nodded and waved at him before walking over to Dean who was waiting by the door. I put my arm around him as we left the safety of the building and into the night. We walked down the road for a little bit until we came into the busy part of town where we could catch a cab home. 

After I paid the driver, I let out a breath, looking up at the mansion we were living in for now. I still don't know how Heather could afford this house on a teachers pay check. I opened the door slowly with the key that Heather gave me and we stepped inside quietly. I locked the door behind me as we placed our shoes in our assigned spots. 

Ya, assigned spots for our shoes. Heather gave us them the day after we moved in. We have assigned everything, assigned spots on the couch, assigned cutlery, and dishes. She even printed off a schedule for who gets the TV. 

Trying to sneak up the stairs turned out to be a fail as one of the steps creaked. With her superhearing, Heather was at the top of the stairs within a minute. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" She screamed, staring at us with the stare that could make puppies cry. 

"Wonderland." I mumbled under my breath. 

"What's a wonderland?" She asked, sounding disgusted at the very name of the beloved skate park. 

"It's where I work." I answered her, except leaving the part out about it being a skate park. "I'm sorry we're late, we're tired and want to go to sleep." I spoke in a calm voice but I was glaring at her as I walked up the stairs. |She stepped out of my way, anger still written on her face, but she let us pass so we could go to our assigned rooms. "Stupid bitch." I muttered under my breath as I shut the room to the bedroom behind me. I started stripping as I made my way to the attached bathroom, I was fully naked by the time that door shut behind me. I started the shower and got in when the water was just the right temperature. Sliding down the wall of the shower, I pulled my hands up to my face as the tears came pouring out of my eyes again. "I miss you." I whispered under my breath as I looked up to stare at the ceiling. "I really miss you." I choked on my words as the sobs overpowered my body, making me a sobbing mess. "Stop being dead." I looked up at the ceiling again, the hot tears sliding down my cheeks and onto the porcelain floor of the shower. "Please." I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the foggy wall of the shower wall. "Please help us mom." 

[Anyone else crying or is it just me? Just me okay? God crying at my own story, I'm pathetic :'D]