Chapter 6

Ariel

It's been 3 weeks since I started working at Wonderland, and to be said, it's been the best 3 weeks ever. Dean spends most of his time on the ramps, practicing his tricks and impressing most of the skater girls that hang around here. Taking Dean home to that house every single day got to be very hard. Our father isn't getting any better, he drinks more and more now that the anniversary of her death is getting closer. Every chance he gets to yell at us for something that he gets wrong, he screams louder than most of the metal music I listen to. Tomorrow is my birthday, also the 12 year anniversary of her death.

I woke up on the morning of my birthday and groaned, seeing the time. I still had another 15 minutes before my alarm went off. I couldn't just lay there and do nothing, I was already bored out of my fucking mind. I got up and started tip toeing around my room, starting to get ready for school. I changed into my new Andy Biersack shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I started to straighten my red hair and clipped in a white bow to hold my bangs back. I did my makeup as I usually do, heavy eyeliner, a little bit of pinky lipstain and 4 lines across my nose like she used to do. To top off my look I added false lashes. I was obsessed with lashes, they just made my eyes look so much bigger. I looked at myself again and decided I looked decent so I left my room and went to wake Dean up.

He too was already up, it's hard for us both to sleep when it closer to this day, one, we don't wanna sleep and two, it's hard to sleep.

I smiled at him sadly and ran my hand through his brown hair. He wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked downstairs to get ready for school which was still a while away. I made Dean something to eat as he sat at the island, finishing the homework that he forgot to do last night. Finishing the french toast I was making, I set the plate down in front of him. He took small bites, not finishing it. He never really eats on a good day, but this time of year, he maybe eats 5 bites and he's done.

"Come on Dean." I sighed, leaning against the counter. "You need to eat." He shook his head and pushed the still full plate of toast away from him. I took the plate back and finished eating what was left on it. I washed the dishes I used and put them away in their right spots. I busied myself with things around the house, not wanting to think about her.

"Ariel!" I gulped, turning to face the stairs, my father was standing at the top with rage etched on his face. "What are you doing up so early?"

"We have school today sir, I was making Dean breakfast." I stuttered, waving Dean away so he'd stay sitting down.

"Then why are you cleaning?" Not only was he still drunk but I assume he was high as well.

"The dirt was piling up, I was just trying to..." I trailed off as he started walking down the stairs.

"You think I can't take care of my own house, you think that I can't clean by myself." He got up close to me and I resisted the urge to gag at the strong smell of alcohol.

"No sir, that's not what I think." I shrunk under his gaze, glancing over at Dean who was watching with an expression of horror on his face.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." My father grabbed my face with one big hand and forced me to look at him. "You ungrateful brat." He growled in my face, flecks of spit landing on my face. I winced, causing my fathers anger to grow. "Get out." He spat, letting go of me and pushing me down to the ground. "Take your idiotic little brother with you." Dean ran to me, helping me up and pulled me back with him. Our skateboards were attached to our bags that were at the front door, we grabbed them and ran out of the house, into the oblivious crowds in LA.