Chapter 14

Ariel

"Will we still see you at school?" Carder asked me as we sat on the front porch, waiting for the child services to come and take us away. 

"I don't know." I sighed. "I've already had to quit the job that I've just started." I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling my anger rising as I thought of everything I've wanted being torn away from me. "I don't know if we'll still be in the same town." I dropped my hand into my lap and leaned back against the railing. The hand that was playing with Dean's hair who was sitting on the step below me paused as I heard the car engines turn onto this street. One single black car pulled up to the house and 2 official looking people stepped out, walking up to the porch where we were sitting. Mary ran off into the house to get all the rest of the family who were gathered here to say goodbye, like we were being carried off to our deaths or something.

"Hello there,  I'm Phil, and this is my partner Natasha." The male said, trying to smile at us nicely but he kinda looked like a serial killer. The woman reached out her hand for a handshake. I stared at the hand for a second before reaching out and grabbed her hand in mine, giving her a quick handshake then pulling away. 

"Hi." She bent down beside Dean who looked up at me with a scared look in his eyes. "What's your name?" Natasha tried again, using a gentle voice. 

"He doesn't talk." I told her, ruffling my fingers through Dean's brown hair. 

"Oh yes." She sighed, as if she forgot something important. "I remember hearing about that." The rest of our extended family filed out of the house and down the stairs, spreading around the lawn since there were so many of us. 

"Well, say your goodbyes." Phil said, getting fidgety under the stares that everybody was giving them. Dean and I spread out, each hugging Carder and Mary first then walking around hugging our extended family. 

"I'm gonna miss you CC." I sighed, hugging the fairly tall man that was already almost crying. 

"You're not gonna go far." He said. "We won't let you." He hugged me tightly then let go. "I'll see you later little one." I smiled, moving onto my dads old band. 

"Hey, we can sort out visits and stuff, plus we won't stop fighting." Beck told me, and kissed the top of my head. Both Dean and I met up with each other at Andy who was beside Hadley. As Dean hugged Andy, I gripped Hadley in a hug, kissing both her and Darrah on the cheeks. 

"Ariel." Andy sighed, a couple tears falling down his cheeks. I opened my arms and let the 6 foot tall man suffocate me in a hug like it was our last. "Here." He let go of me and produced a bundle of letters that were tied together with old string. "I was cleaning out the attic yesterday and saw these." He held them out for me to take. Each envelope was stained yellow, from their years in the attic. I looked up at Andy in confusion, after reading the writing on the top envelope. "They're from your mother." He coughed, holding back more tears. "She wrote them before she died." He pointed at them before shoving his fists in the pockets of his coat. "She wanted you to have them." I smiled sadly, putting the letters in my bag that I had hanging off my shoulder. 

"I'll see you later uncle Andy." I stated, hugging him one more time before I grabbed Dean's hand and slid into the car. Dean sat beside me, shivering, yet he wasn't cold. Phil and Natasha got into the front and without a word, Phil started the car and started driving. I turned around, looking out the back window to see all of our extended family in tears. I stared out the window, watching the only family we've ever had break into tears and clutch at each other like they couldn't stand. I watched until we turned the corner and I could no longer see them all. I turned back to the front, looking at Dean who sat beside me, still shivering. I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him close as silent sobs raked his body. "We'll get through this." I whispered. I didn't say that we were going to be okay because I didn't know if we were ever going to be okay again.