Chapter 2

Picture of Hadley -->

Ariel

We got to Andy's house shortly, Dean and I got out quickly, watching Beck drive away, back to that house that didn't feel like home.

"Hey little ones." Hadley answered the door holding their recent newborn, Darrah in her arms. She was born about 2 months ago and already so big. I think they feed her to much.

"Hey Dean why don't you go upstairs and play games with Carder." I said to him. He nodded, knowing that I needed to talk to Hadley. He walked upstairs and I followed Hadley into the kitchen. "Can I hold her?" I asked. She nodded and gently handed Darrah over to me. I held her close to me as we sat down at the kitchen table.

"What do you want to talk about babe?" She asked, sitting down across from me.

"I need to know about her." I stated. She looked down at her lap. "Please don't avoid it this time, nobody will tell me anything." I practically pleaded.

"She was gorgeous for one, you sort of look like her, but she had pink hair before she died. Even in the end, she was one of the happiest people ever." She started, playing with her coffee cup. "Her and your dad were one of the happiest couples I've ever seen, he was devastated when she died. She was one of the best drummers I know, she still is. She was one of my only friends that I trusted with my life, I told her everything." She looked up at me through her naturally red hair. "What else do you want to know?"

"Do you have any photos?" I'm almost 17 years old and I haven't seen a single photo of her, since I was so young when she died, I don't remember what she looks like. Dad has hidden everything that reminds him of her.

"Ya, wait here." She stood up. I waited, rocking Darrah back to sleep as we walked. She walked back in with a photo album. She sat in the chair beside me this time and flipped through the pages since I was holding Darrah. "This is your parents at their wedding." It was weird seeing my dad this way, he used to have red hair just like me, and snake bites. I guess he took his lip piercings out a long time ago, the holes are closed now.

"She was so beautiful." I touched the photo of her.

"She had natural beauty, almost didn't need any makeup." Hadley looked more comfortable, kinda smiling at some of the photos, but she had the pain in her eyes. She had lost her best friend who she knew, and I lost a mother that I hardly knew.