Chapter 26

Look at that, only 4 days between updates, are you surprised? Probably xD hope you like the chapter, comment and vote if you like it and all that jazz. (Plus quick promo: I posted the first chapter of a new Avengers fan fiction called The Crimson Hood, hope you like it)

Ariel's POV

"Welcome Dean." Kim opened her arms lovingly.

Dean stayed close to my side, looking up at me quickly.

"I'm gonna give him a tour of the house." I stated, receiving a nod from Kim.

"Dinner is in half an hour." She stated, backing up into the kitchen. "We're having taco pie."

I showed my brother around the house, only getting short nods in return.

I opened the ddoor to the room I was staying in, walking in after Dean and sitting on the bed.

"You can stay in here if you want."

Dean nodded at my statement, sitting beside me.

"I'll take the floor."

Dean grabbed my arm, shaking his head.

"Okay okay." I rubbed his arm, calming him down a little. "I'll sleep in the bed."

Dean let go of my arm and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Ari!" Dean jumped up as the door opened wide and the blue haired boy came into the room. "I heard about Dean." Patty stopped, looking at the boy beside me that was scared to death.

"It's okay Dean." I rubbed his arm again. "This is Patty, he helped me save you."

Slowly Dean started to relax, his breathing leveled out and the terrified look in his eyes went away slowly.

"Patty this is my little brother Dean."

Dean waved shyly to Patty as the blue haired boy shut the door and sat near the end of my bed.

"Dinner time!" Kim called down the stairs, the sweetness in her voice almost made me gag.

Dean didn't look up once while he ate. He picked at his food and only ended up eating half.

"Dean darling." Kim tried saying but he didn't look up. "We don't waste food in this house."

I glared at her and put my hand on Dean's arm again.

He tilted his head to the side, just enough so that he could look at me through his hair.

Please eat something

I signed the words, a pleading look on my face.

Dean looked back down at his plate and picked up his fork, looking at me then stabbing a piece of meat and putting the fork into his mouth and chewing slowly.

I smiled softly, rubbing his arm quickly then I picked up my own fork and started to shovel the food on the plate into my mouth.

After dinner Dean, Patty and I went down the room I was staying in and we basically did nothing for hours and hours.

Dean had fallen asleep on the right side of the bed, his arms were wrapped around his torso and his legs were pulled up to his chest.
Patty was passed out near the end of the bed, his arms twisted strangely underneath him and his legs were hanging off the side of his legs.

I don't know how he could sleep like that but he was out cold.

Quietly, I slipped out of bed, tiptoeing across the floor and towards my bag.

I ruffled through the bag trying to find a new pair of clothes to wear since I hadn't changed yet.

My fingers brushed against paper, hearing the crinkle made me confused.

I pulled out the bundle of envelopes and read the first couple, my eyes growing bigger when I realized what they were.

I sat down on the bed again, pulling one of the envelopes out of the bundle and running my fingers across the handwriting on the front.

Taking a deep breath, I turned the envelope over, lifting the seal carefully.

The paper had a pink tinge to it, and the words were written in black ink. Still after all these years, I could smell the faint fragrance of roses coming from inside the envelope.

I took another deep breath, smoothing the papers out and I started to read.

Dear Ariel,