Chapter 9

Ariel

I walked right up to Heather and smacked her straight across the face.

"How dare you call the police on my father!" I scream at her. The shock of me hitting her and now screaming at her was probably not what she had expected. "He's a poor excuse for a father but that doesn't mean you can get him arrested!" I scream. Andy came in just in time to grab me before I attacked her again. I may not like my father but I don't think he deserves to be thrown into jail. 

"What's going on?" Andy asked the still shocked Heather. She held her cheek and had the expression of a wounded animal.

"Mr Colt is being charged with child endangerment." Heather still spoke calmly and clearly as if she rehearsed that particular line before she stormed in here. "Mr Biersack I presume?" Andy nodded, still confused as to what was going on. "I'm Heather Bonabee, Ariel's councillor, she's spoken highly of you." Andy glanced at me.

"You didn't tell me you had to see a councillor." He said in a hurt voice.

"I was going to stop seeing her, she's just made things worse." I glared harshly at Heather who had just let go of her cheek, a red mark where my hand had hit was very visible.

"I guess they'll be staying with me as we had already been planning?" Andy turned back to Heather.

"No no, these children need to be protected, you have 3 children, am I right?" Andy nodded. "Well you can't care for 5 children at once with a little one, so these children will be staying with me until further notice." Dean walked up next to me and was signing furiously at the woman who could hardly understand a word of it. His hands were moving so fast I could only assume that he was cursing at her.

When I first started going to her she was great, but then she somehow found out about my father and turned every session into something about him. It just made everything worse.

"I really don't think that's necessary, if I can't take them, I'm sure one of their other uncles will." Andy protested, obviously concerned as Dean kept swearing at Heather in sign language.

"As I just told you Mr Biersack, these kids will be staying with me until further notice, you may go." Andy stared at the woman who was a complete bitch now that we were out of a school setting, and turned to us.

'Call me if you need anything...' Andy signed to the both of us. Dean stopped signing curse words at Heather just long enough to nod at Andy before resuming his non verbal attack. I hugged my uncle tightly, wishing that we were just a little a faster in getting out of here so that we could go with him instead. Watching Andy leave the house we were left with Heather who now had a wide grin on her face.

"Shall we go home then?"