Chapter 27

Ariel's POV

Dear Ariel,

Hello young being that came out of me, I don't know how old you are when you're reading this, hey, I might still be alive and you might never be reading this, but I still have to write these letters to you and Dean just in case you do have to read these.
I just have to say that I hate writing letters and I'm doing this to get everything out of my mind and onto paper and then into your mind.
The first thing I need to tell you is that I love you so much Ariel, you're one of the best things that's ever happened to me.
I never thought that would have ever have a child, much less 2 children. Yet I have you and Dean now and you both are my pride and joy.
The second thing I have to tell you is that I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I'm writing this letter, I'm sorry I'm dying, I'm sorry I might not be there for you, I'm so sorry that I didn't take care of my body enough to still be alive.
The last thing I have to tell you is to be strong. There will be those days that your father may be a bit of an ass but please stay strong and don't freak all out at him. He will he a single father, he'll need all the help he can get.
I love you so much Ariel, be good my love.
Love,
Mom

Tears fell down my face and I left them there as I stared at the wall. My tears stained the pink paper, it was only the first letter I've read and I was already crying so hard.

I missed her so bad.

"Ari?"

I wiped away the tears on my cheeks and looked at Patty.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." My voice cracked at the word.

Patty got off the bed and walked around so he was standing next to me.

"What's wrong Ari?"

I handed him the letter and his eyes skimmed the paper until the end.

"Your mom wrote this?" He asked me.

I nodded, rubbing my thumb over the corner of another envelope that was addressed to Dean.

"I miss her so much."

Patty handed me back the letter and wiped a left over tear off my face.

"I wish she was here." I sighed. "Dean wouldn't be mute, my dad wouldn't be in jail, we wouldn't be in Foster care."

Patty wiped away another tear and pushed away my hair from my face.

"It would be so different if she was still alive."