Chapter 29

Ariel's POV

"Happy birthday Ari."

I smiled at Patty who was holding a cupcake that looked like Sebastian the crab from The Little Mermaid.

"Thanks Pat." I took the cupcake from him with one hand and kissed his cheek at the same time. "It looks good." I giggled at the lopsided eyeball and licked some of the red icing off my finger.

"Sorry about the eyes." Patty scratched the back of his neck, his other hand in his pocket.

"It's perfect Patty." I told him. "Thank you." I started to pull away the paper sting, but before I could take a bite, Patty reached over and shoved the cupcake into my face.

"You little bitch." I said slowly, wiping the red icing and chocolate cake off of my face. "You're so dead."

I chased Patty around the room, finally grabbing him when he cornered himself near the closet.

"You're dead Stewart."

His eyes wwidened in fear as I wiped more icing off of my face and held the sticky hand towards his face.

"No no no no no." He held out his arms, trying to wrap his hand around my wrist to keep my arm away.

"Yes yes yes yes yes." I chanted back to him, my hand inches away from touching his face.

"Noooooooooooo!" My fingers touched his cheek and red frosting covered his cheek.

I moved my hand around his face, smearing the red over his nose and even into his hair.

I backed away, licking my fingers off, feeling like my work was done, until Patty lifted his head and glared at me with a smile on his face.

"Hello Ari."

My eyes widened and I backed away, tripping over my 2 feet but I didn't fall yet.

Patty slowly walked towards me as I walked back.

"That wasn't very nice."

"It was funny though." I giggled.

"Not for me." I stopped suddenly, causing Patty to stumble over trying to stop.

His weight, combined with mine knocked us to the ground.

He landed in top of me, almost crushing me, but saving himself at the last minute.

What he didn't stop was our head bashing together and our lips touching in the middle.

I felt Patty freeze on top of me but when I closed my eyes and let my arms wrap loosely around his neck, he relaxed.

He let his body fall slightly so our stomachs were touching, his arms were on either side on me, holding himself up so he wouldn't squish me.

Our lips moved together softly and slowly, I felt his fingers playing with the end of my t-shirt.

When our lips parted, our foreheads stayed touching, his blue eyes stared into mine.

"I wasn't expecting that." His voice was a soft whisper, barely audible over how heavy our breathing was.

"Neither was I." My voice was a bit louder than his, but I was still breathing hard.

I moved my arms so my hands were now resting on his chest and bit my lip, looking at him through my eyelashes.

"I wanna do something." His voice was shaking slightly.

"Do it." I whispered back.

His lips touched mine again but we were both expecting it this time.

My fingers ended up in fists, clutching the fabric of his shirt.

When our lips parted again, our breathing was even heavier and my lips felt a little swollen.

"Wow." Patty said and rolled over so now he was next to me and not right on top of me.

"Wow." I agreed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about what just happened.

A/N
So I know in that authors note I said I wasn't gonna update until the new year and that's still true but since today is Christmas I thought I would give you guys a happier chapter as a Christmas present because I'm a nice person. So I hope you liked the nice chapter and ya, happy rest of your holidays
<3 :D