[15] •To Starflies And Sunsets• [15]

"𝚃𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖
𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖"

"𝚃𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖"

𝟯 𝗥 𝗗   𝗣 𝗘 𝗥 𝗦 𝗢 𝗡

"I am so proud of you Neil! Once again you are the captain! I knew it" Aanya fake shrieked in Neil's hug. They were standing in a corner of the corridor with Neil's hands holding her waist firmly which she wished to push away but couldn't and her hands around his neck.

The college was over and the hallway was empty.

"I know it when you're faking. You have to make it look like real love" Neil sighed as his hand was slapped away by infuriated Aanya. "So how about celebrating at our favorite club this evening?"

"Did I ever say no to you?" With a fake smile flastered on her face, she pushed him away and moving towards her locker. Placing her books in her Locker she was about to go when he pulled her towards him and then pushed her against the locker caging her in his arms. "Leave me Neil or else it won't be good for you"

"Come on love. We two are a thing now. We can progress a bit" He whispered in her ear and her expressions went somewhat blank.

"I am not in your 'thing' Neil. And no body treats me like this" despite the lunch he earned in his stomaxh after that, he stood resilient. She pushed him away and tried walking away but he caught her wrist and forcefully hugged her from behind.

"I didn't mean that. You know how much I love you" His hands snaked around her waist pulling her closer but she hit his stomach with her elbow.

"Only in front of people. Don't you dare touch me in private or even in public. A couple of weeks and you'll leave my life" She ran away from his grip while he ran behind to catch her. Both of them were running in the corridor but he wasn't able to catch her. The moment she ran outside they stopped running and looked at each other. "We are too big for this" She patted his cheek, pretending they were playing as she saw people watching them and they bid each other a goodbye.

Each of the hall moment was noticed by Siddharth except for the part she was pushing him away since he was too busy wiping off the tears that made their way down his face. He couldn't believe his own eyes.

Nothing hurts more than seeing the person you love with someone else.

Something in him broke, which couldn't be healed. Tears expressing anger, sadness, jealousy, betrayal flowed down his eyes as he saw his princess with the one whom she would chose as her king. He felt a hole in himself, his spirits flew away but his love didn't.

For him, she meant a lot more than just true love. If she was fire, he wanted to be the fuel to her. If she was an ocean, he wanted to be the water in it. If she was a princess, he wanted to be the King who would make her a 'Queen'

Neil might be treating her as a princess, but he treated her as a queen. Neil might be a man but he was a gentleman. Neil might be the crush of many, but not to forget he was also Siddharth who kept ignoring every girl, Searching for someone to complete him.

The scream in his silence, the boldness in his serenity, the venom in his acceptance.

And she was that lost part of him.

He was taking the keys from his Locker when Aanya came running and bumped into him. He put his hands around her waist to help her stand properly. Her body shook convulsively for sometime being as her hands were around his nape. A small sigh escaped her mouth looking at the slight tears he held on his face and he too noticed her face looking pale, as if something was bothering her.

"You okay?" She asked him wiping away the tear and cupping his face. He nodded his head in positive without any expression. "Then who stole your stupid nasty smile you idiot?" She used her fingers to stretch his lips into a wide smile.

"Will meet you in the parking" showing her the car keys expecting her to accompany him, he still held onto the hope of winning her.

"Actually I am going with Neil" even if she hesitated, she had to go with him or else Neil had the plan set for sending Siddharth to jail. These words coming directly from her mouth was another blow to him.

"You and Neil?" He stammered as his voice quivered with the lump in his throat.

"Yea-yeah" she stuttered. "Just a friend"

If it was any other man, he would have asked Who acts like this with just a friens? But for some reason, her justification soothed his burning heart.

"Ok" He smiled, accepting her excuse "You know, I have also qualified the final trials. I am the Centre Player" He expected a nice gentle reply from her side as per her soft behavior over a past few days.

"Omg congratulations" she screamed as she circled her arms around him. Not telling him that she was there to watch the trails and give him company.

Each and every move of his was indeed admired by her but - even changing a wrecked room needs baby steps- she was a human on change. It would take some time.

Unknowingly his hands tightened the grip on her waist. Possessiveness giving way to the insecurities, insecurities telling him he wasn't good enough for her.

"I need to go though" She pushed him and got away through the hall towards the exit. Another tear flew down his eyes.

"She has got you wrapped around her finger Siddharth" Vicky sighed as he came from behind and wiped his tears. "She is lucky to have you"

"When will I be lucky to have her?" He exclaimed, looking blankly in her direction.

"She is all yours" Vicky spoke in full confidence making Siddharth look questioningly at him. "She never makes an eye contact with you except when she is angry. Her body stiffened the very moment when you touched her and her breathing was unstable too dumbo. She ran away when you held her which meant she was nervous. Natasha acted like this too you know. And Aanya didn't call him as her boyfriend at least. You know she could've. Something else is going on. And that rumor was from his side not hers" He smiled and left while Siddharth remembered the moment and blushed ruffling his hairs and catching up with Vicky. "You were right. She is lost and needs some guidance"

"She will soon realize" He smiled back at his friend.

"Afterall you're a charming bastard as far as I remember you from our childhood Siddharth!"

"Before you shifted the place when we were six and left me alone" He raised his brows at him to which Vicky made a I-am-sorry face.

"But we kept in touch"

"You're a completely new person Vicky. And please handle your girlfriend Natasha for me. I don't want our friendship to be broken"

Because he knew

If a choice came between anyone and Aanya- it would always be her.

He might not be her choice but she was his, and nothing in this world could alter that.
.
.
.
.
.
The last chapter was a bit confusing so let me clarify- Natasha had left the call and there were 3 people left after her. :) You all could guess who.

If you ever see Rakshit or Drishti- I meant to write Siddharth or Aanya. Used to write fanfictions so the names are on my hands. Please point out in case of a mistake