[44] •To Starflies And Sunsets• [44]

"Patience was never my thing"

𝗔 𝗔 𝗡 𝗬 𝗔

Siddharth decided that he would start going back to his job as his butterfly days were over now. I wasn't really sitting well with the idea but I knew it was mandatory.

However, before joining back he agreed to visit dad on his birthday. After all these months of cold treatment towards the both of them, I felt it would be rather awkward to meet the two of them together, especially dad and be like-

Hey, its me dad. The same person who said- you lost a daughter- without hesitant.

I let it slip though.

Overthinking never suited me.

I would just make situations worse and my marriage was a great example.

In these vacations, travelling got no chill. It was our second time traveling, in just a few days.

"It's really nice that you called your dad. He misses you a lot and I'm sure his happiness would have broken all bounds" Siddharth sat on the bed beside the suitcase and tried to relax after packing the whole things, on his own.

Don't dare to think I didn't help! I helped, but he pushed me aside and started murmuring how inexperienced and useless I was.

Audacity was on sale this month.

And this guy bought it in bundles.

"Yeah, I just thought maybe I was taking it too far. His decision wasn't bad afterall" If you think I could stand calmly without trying to give him the hints how much of a lovesick girl I was right now, go and fetch a nice brain.

Not from the place I got my previous one.

"I thought you regretted his decision" Something that his smile clearly showed was his willingness to listen to something more, something which was clear and I knew what it was.

"Yeah, Just a little bit" I stood in front him and wrapped my arms around his shoulder, keeping my knee on his thigh for support "You're not bad you know"

"Woah! Am I dreaming? I feel blessed" he smiled.

"Yes, you should be"

But the fact was, I was blessed. After all unimportant fights, thoughts and analysis of my own, I knew I was done with shutting people out, hiding some part of me which wanted to laugh.

I was not broken

But I needed to change, so as to become a happier person who was loved. To become the person he deserved. He was beside me at my worst, tolerated every thing I threw his way, stayed calm under situations no one would, and even had this entire Neil situation prove the fact that he was always there.