[29] •To Starflies And Sunsets• [29]

"𝖡𝗂𝗀 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅𝗌 𝖼𝗋𝗒 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇
𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀"

"𝖡𝗂𝗀 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅𝗌 𝖼𝗋𝗒 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀"

𝗔 𝗔 𝗡 𝗬 𝗔

"Stupid stupid girl" he scoffed as both of us laid on the ground after a fall.

I was on top of him.

His back actually, thus nothing to fantasize.

"Well let me tell you you're dumber!" Not trying to get off him, I took a handful of dried leaves from the pile nearby before pouring them over his head.

I will make him a crown out of these leaves.

Period.

"What was my fault?"

"It was all your fault!"

"Oh yeah! I just randomly decided to play dead in the forest huh" he yelled "That was not my fault'

"You were the one to trip" I sighed "on your own feet"

"Okay? So?" Siddharth Verma, the man would admit to the biggest mistake he never made but would never admit his own stupidity.

One thing was sure. He was still a manchild somewhere. Continued attempts of cracking jokes, doing weird stuff, mimicking people when he got angry.

"You're mad" sighing at him once again, I got off him and stood on my own feet.

My own very pretty legs and feet.

Brushing the dust off of me I looked at Siddharth who for some reason assumed I was powerful enough to help him stand. An extended hand was waiting for me to hold it. I clasped my fingers against his hand while giving him a tight lipped smile to show him I wasn't going to help.

But this man

He made a puppy face. As his bottom lip protruded out while faking a cry, I couldn't help but give my hand to this melodramatic hulk of a man.

Instead of pulling him up, the force of his pull caused me to stumble and fall over him. Luckily he wasn't injured because of my knee.

"I can make you stumble Aanya. You will fall if I am with you" he whispered. My hands rested on his shoulders and as my eyes took notice of his beautiful face, he just seemed more patient than ever. His eyes were on a quest, as if finding answers in mine.

"Its okay. You'll be there to fall with me and protect me too, right?"

"Right" he smiled. I smiled.

We smiled.

"But what if someday, I ruin you" he whispered just as the smile was replaced by seriousness.

"Falling- but I see you lurk in the darkness of your own heart"