Worth the wait

Yejis POV

Two years later

It's been quite some time since I was last happy. About two years ago, before me and Chaeryeong got into some drama. Ever since, I've not been the same.

I stopped hanging out with my friends, i have lost my interest in dating and I have done absolutely nothing with my life.

I dropped out of college not too long after Chaeryeong left. I always dreamed about becoming something in the medical field and I need college for that but ever since then, my dreams have died.

I did have to get a job though. I work at a retail store. The only job that would hire me. I hate my job but it's what's keeping me living.

I haven't moved out of my apartment. It's the only piece of Chaeryeong that I really have left.

I know I'm acting as if she died but to me, this is worse. I will probably never see her again and she's probably so alone and tortured in prison.

I feel so bad about the last words I said to her. If you touch me one more time, I will end you. What A nice goodbye.

I think what ever that bitch Ryujin said about her calling the police to help me was a lie. She was just jealous like how Chaeryeong was. Except Chaeryeong never did anything to Ryujin besides fuck her.

Her 'helping me' has been no help whatsoever. I'm more miserable now than I have been my entire life. It's like the sun in my world has disappeared.

We weren't even the closest but I just had this strong need for her and now that she's gone? I have nothing.

I had to start getting ready for work. I get in everyday late because I really don't care but I think today, I'll surprise them by being on time.

I got dressed quickly and walked at a faster pace than usual.

Oh, forgot to mention... I got a car. I don't use it though. I can't really afford gas or maintenance so I just leave it in the parking lot.

I didn't actually buy it. Ryujin did as an 'I'm sorry' gift. That's another reason I don't use it.

"Hey Yeji!" my coworker, joy, announced.

"Uh huh..." I said and kept walking. I know I'm rude but they should be used to it right?

I started my shift right away so I could get my mind off of some things.

...

"See you tomorrow!"

"Yup." I said before walking out of the store.

It was dark outside already so I tried to get home quickly.

It didn't take too long before I was back in my apartment, getting ready for bed.

I did my short routine which included brushing my teeth and taking my makeup off before getting into my pajamas and walking around the apartment to see if I had anything else to do.

As I was doing that, falling asleep in the process, I heard a knock on the door.

Ugh who is it this late. I went over to the door and told them to go away.

"Please Yeji." I heard someone say softly. The voice sounded oddly familiar so I thought a moment before opening the door.

Right when I did, my jaw dropped when I saw the person I've been missing so much for two years.