Late

Yejis POV

"Yeji?"

"Hi Chaer!"

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just wanted to let you know I'll be home late tonight. I have some errands to run before I get back."

"Oh. Okay."

"I'll try to make it home as soon as I can alright?"

"Mhm."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

When I hung up the phone, I felt bad. I could tell that she was upset that I would be home late.

She's still pretty scared about what happened with Ryujin even though I've assured her many times that she'd be fine.

I wish Ryujin would just disappear. She's scaring my baby and I don't like that

I tried to clear my mind of that because I don't need to be stressed about anything else.

When I left work, I started walking to the nearest grocery store. We needed somethings because dour refrigerator was pretty empty. I wanted to cook Chaer dinner and we had no ingredients. I also wanted to get her favorite snack in hopes that it would make her feel better.

I just want her to be happy.

Once I got to the store, the cashier greeted me before I put my headphones in to listen to music.

I really enjoy listening to music when I roam around a store. Especially at night. It's really peaceful and relaxing.

I was listening to k- ballads because I felt the time was appropriate.

I had a mental list in my mind that I was checking off every time i got a new item.

When I got the necessities, I headed straight to the snack aisle excitedly. I really enjoy eating snacks, especially chocolate and gummies.

I didn't forget to put any of those in the cart either.

I grabbed some of Chaers favorite snacks before I went to the cashier.

"Good evening ma'am how are you?" The cashier asked me. Usually when I come here, I'm not in a good mood. The last time I was here, was when Chaer was gone. Now that she's back, I'm so much happier.

"I'm great! How are you?" I asked, seeing the shock in her face.

"O-oh I'm good? You're in a good mood huh?" She asked as she was bagging up all of my stuff.

"I am! I'm going home to my girlfriend." I said not caring about her opinions.

"Aww that's so sweet. I hope you have a good time with her! See you soon!" She said, handing me my bags.

"Thank you! Have a great day!"

I walk out of the store and played my music again. The area that I'm in currently is pretty safe so I didn't have to worry about anything.

As i was getting closer to my apartment, I felt really happy that I'd be in Chaeryeongs arms pretty soon. I love holding her and her holding me. She makes me so calm and she relieves all of my anxiety.

I started walking faster the closer I got until a darkish figure appeared in front of me.

I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me so I just continued walking thinking it would go away but no. I bumped right into it. It was a person.