Sevval Serdaroğlu

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with beautlies Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Sevval: I've been on Wattpad for eight years, and I changed and learned so many things about writing and this orange platform. I wanted to share my insights with someone and help them through their Wattys journey (Wattys always excites me!).

The Bootcamp coordinators are amazing! The effort they put to run this program smoothly and efficiently is so valuable and I thank them all for this. During the submission process and now, I've met many amazing people that touched my heart. I've read many stories with creative ideas and beautiful words. Connecting with people is the most valuable part of this program, I think.

Also, we are now a team with my lovely mentee poojawrites It's precious to work together with someone toward the Wattys and have her trust.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Sevval: I've always had made-up stories, some I wrote down, some living rent-free in my mind. During my vampire obsession era (Twilight, The Vampire Diaries) I wrote some fanfiction and put them online. I've also had a Twitter fan account to interact with people. One of my friends shared her fanfictions on Wattpad and that was how I discovered the platform.

First, I've read some fanfiction there, then stumbled on some original stories that I fell in love with. So I decided to post my original stories on Wattpad and here we are – I thank everyone who's been with me and supported my stories.

There are many things I love about Wattpad but I guess I love the community the most. Wattpad has an amazing community that I wouldn't find anywhere else, and that's why it's home to all of my stories.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Sevval: Before I start writing a story, I always make visual aesthetics, a Pinterest board and a Spotify playlist to catch the vibe. I believe it's useful both for writing and marketing the story. It's one of the things I incorporated into my mentoring because I believe catching the vibe via these will help us have a better understanding of the story.

I also want to make sense of everything in the plot, like even it's a background detail that I'm not going to reveal in the story, so I ask some questions to myself and try to answer them or ask my friends about it. I use this critical side of my writing process with my mentee's story as well, so we don't have any plot holes and everything makes sense in the end.

BCM: If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Sevval: Hmm, this is a tough one. Diverse, dreamy, romantic.

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Sevval: I want to, but I need to complete the story by then. I'll see what I can do about it.

I love dogs and babies, and I'm into secrets in the past. I combined all of these in my story Dog Days. This is my motivation to write it, and it turned out better than I initially thought.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Sevval: There are many awesome stories by talented writers on Wattpad but if I have to pick just two, these stories touched my soul the most: Drowning by seekabsolution and Whistleblower by ToastedBagels

Thank you, Sevval. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Check in with us again for more enlightening interviews.