jacquelinestorm

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with jacquelinestorm author of A First Love To Die For. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?  

jacquelinestorm: Someone I follow on Wattpad posted a link for the Bootcamp Mentors program. It was late in the process and I started to investigate. I missed all of the workshops and am so excited to take part in them next year. I applied because I loved the idea of working with and learning from someone else as we polished my story to shine. I'm loving having someone to question my thinking and make me rethink my characters and story to improve the story but also my writing skills.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?  

jacquelinestorm: I found Wattpad just over a year ago while looking for some new reads. I had never written before and it was here that I decided to take the endless stories and characters in my head and give them a home.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?  

jacquelinestorm: I have had A First Love To Die For running around in my head for a ridiculously long time. It was after finding Wattpad and living pandemic life that I started to actually give it some life.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be? 

jacquelinestorm: If I could describe A First Love to Die For in three words, I would use: Romantic, Deceiving and Charming.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.  

jacquelinestorm: I don't often find uninterrupted writing time and so I often am caught leaving writing in the middle of it. I find the thing that helps me the most is rereading the prior two chapters to get myself back into the story before continuing. Without fail, its the best way for me to reemerge myself into their world.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations. 

jacquelinestorm: I have read way too many amazing books on here but two of my favourites that I've read are: Fleeting by Littlepearl95 and The Push And Pull Of It All by LunaBesra 

Thank you, jacquelinestorm. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Just like a rock, we've got more rolling your way.