AriaOfStorms

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with AriaOfStorms author of The Obsidian Marks. Check out this writer's work and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

Aria: A couple of ways! My friend took part last year and had a great experience. Then again in November last year when I attended Wattcon and went to several Workshops. BCM has been fantastic for illuminating both my strengths and weaknesses, and I feel I've learned more through this program in the last two months than in the past couple years.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

Aria: I've been on Wattpad since 2012 when I joined to write fanfiction with my friends. Writing has always been a massive part of my life, especially since I was young. I've moved a lot and holding friendships was hard when traveling to different states, so characters became my friends. I've loved the sense of community Wattpad provides my entire life, I've met some of my closest friends here and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've grown so much as an author and as an artist and it's in large part thanks to Wattpad.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

Aria: After a two year slump, I was really feeling down about my creative genius. The Obsidian Marks began as a one-shot (now known as Chapter 6 lol) where I fell in love with two complex characters whose friendship had withstood betrayal and inevitably led to love. Over the next several months I decided to test a theory about plotting vs pantsing and assumed I might've been using my brain wrong for years. I filled an entire notebook about the world, the characters, beliefs and plot. The story came to life from there and the more I wrote, the more I fell in love.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Aria: Enchanted, Loyalty, Secrets.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Aria: Besides Coffee and Insomnia? Personally, don't limit yourself to writing consecutively. I write the scenes I'm inspired to regardless of order, and nothing has improved my flow more. If you write what you feel, you'll always keep writing.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Aria: I don't know in what universe I can only pick two, but here you go! Facing Fear by MiyaHikari – an emotional, action packed story full of life lessons – and Rooming With The Wicked – a light-hearted thriller, comical enemies to lovers, with plenty of action – by allrenwrote.  

Thank you, AriaOfStorms. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!