sarcasticoffeelover5

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with sarcasticoffeelover5 author of Those Lovely Shards. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

sarcasticoffeelover5: I discovered Bootcamp mentors while looking for writing resources on the search tab of Wattpad. From there I got a curated list of recommendations on my home screen the next day where I found the 2021 Bootcamp mentorship book. And it immediately piqued my interest so I started reading it. The idea that experienced authors who've written on the platform for years, who know the platform better than most of the audience, and have also accomplished something truly remarkable are offering insights to an amateur writer to improve their manuscript was like a complete dream come true. That's all one could ask for. I've been following Bootcamp for the past 5 months and when I finally got to become a part of it I was truly overcome with happiness.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

sarcasticoffeelover5: I got the idea behind my first book over two years ago. Whenever I could spare could time I would open my Google docs and type out a chapter. Later I would send it to two of my close friends to get their feedback on the storyline. (Now I know that's not the best way to get honest feedback). So one of them was a very avid reader and they suggested trying to post my work online. The first site they recommended to me was Wattpad. Albeit nervous, I decided to give it a go. After a good long year, I began publishing online. The best part of the Wattpad is definitely the community. There's always a sense of belonging while having candid discussions with fellow writers. Also, the fact that readers could leave inline comments and engage with you through your writing was something I've never seen anywhere else. So one could get insight into each and every sentence of their work which was quite beneficial.

BCM:  What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

sarcasticoffeelover5: I finally completed a novel for the first time I think around 5 months ago. That feeling when you press the completed button was very rewarding. I always wanted to participate in Wattys and see where my story could stand. So that I could keep improving and learning as a writer. Also, my readers and my friends were all very supportive and really wanted me to try out in the Wattys. So they are the main reason I got motivated. So now I have got to tighten the bandana on my head and pull up my writing socks, haha.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

sarcasticoffeelover5: This is hard but I think emotional, mystical, and epic.

BCM:  Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

sarcasticoffeelover5: I think for me personally there were two things that really helped me avoid writer's block during writing was that I had outlined the plots for each of the main characters from the start. And the beats required for the storyline were also something I developed from the beginning. Of course, sometimes there were spontaneous ideas that were better than the ones I had originally planned. But still, I always knew where my story was headed. Secondly, I made a proper schedule for writing and stuck to it consistently. It was hard. But it helped me go a long way.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

sarcasticoffeelover5: Oliver Ausman Lives Again by CAITLlN and Favorite Friend by writing00introvert

Thank you, sarcasticoffeelover5. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More spotlight interviews are just around the corner.