S.S

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with the_rebellionxx Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

S.S: The chance to help first and foremost. It's a great chance to motivate and be part of the community. I've never been apart of something like this before and I think it is an absolutely amazing way to hone each other's writing. The most valuable to me is definitely learning along with the mentees. It's a two way street and I'm loving each and every moment of it.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

S.S: It was definitely a spur of the moment sort of thing in the beginning. I spent years reading different books on the platform starting with fanfictions and then delving into other areas then I just got the motivation to write. The thing I like most about the platform is the sense of community. I love how you can interact with so many people and I've made some amazing lifelong friends.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

S.S: Read and re-read again! I don't mean reading for the purpose of solely editing but reading your own work is something that has helped me grow immensely. Of course, it takes me a lot longer reading my own books because of the constant cringe I feel but it's something that opens my eyes to how I've improved or where I'm lacking. With my mentee's, I've been doing multiple run throughs and I feel that it really has helped to polish up the manuscripts!

BCM: You've chosen to mentor two writers this season. If you had to describe your mentees' stories in three words, what would they be?

S.S: Sizzling, struggle, fierce describes Make Me by Hiz_Secret_Addiction  

Powerful, raw, emotional describes Life by JJ_Ames

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

S.S: Unfortunately, I won't be entering a story into the Watty's. My timing has always been bad, and the story I'd like to enter into the Watty's has been posted just one day before the cut off date!

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

S.S: Exit Only by softsloth and You Have Wings? (and the entire Golden Prodigy series) by SianaghGallagher

Thank you, S.S. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

It's not over. More interview goodness is on the way.

 More interview goodness is on the way