Ravenclaw_Pride002

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with Ravenclaw_Pride002   author of Booked. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Ravenclaw_Pride002: I discovered the Bootcamp Mentors while looking for book clubs to join. I've found the workshops really useful. Besides those, since I started working with my mentor, I've found it so valuable to receive feedback about every aspect of my story--from a comma to a character issue to a major plot point. It's been so awesome to have another person telling me honestly how each section sounds to them so that the story can be as authentic as possible.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer? 

Ravenclaw_Pride002: I was super bored in 2020, and I figured it would be really fun to get some feedback on my writing. I also could not finish that first story I was writing for so long, and I was hoping it would help me stay accountable. I absolutely love the community. I've made so many writer friends--since most people in my life don't know I write, it's been so wonderful to be able to share that experience with other people.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

Ravenclaw_Pride002: I was a new college student when I started it, and I thought it would be fascinating to write from the perspective of a struggling college student. I ended up loving New Adult. It became my favorite age range to write about. I love the "newness" of it--New experiences, newfound freedom, and new responsibilities. There's just so much there.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Ravenclaw_Pride002: Introspective. Realistic. Moving.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Ravenclaw_Pride002: Plotting has changed my life. I still enjoy writing freely, but having at least a detailed outline has kept me from so much anxiety. The long days of screaming into my pillow from frustration are over... Well, sort of.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Ravenclaw_Pride002: If you enjoy paranormal/werewolf at all try Destined for Disaster by MarjorieK64. I had never read in that genre before but this book pulled me in and then wrecked me. I also recommend Opposite Day CAITLlN it's so lighthearted but still impactful. I've never recommended it to anyone who has regretted reading it!

Thank you, Ravenclaw_Pride002. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Hang tight. We've got more interviews coming up.

 We've got more interviews coming up