Mason FitzGibbon

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with masonfitzzy Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Mason: I decided to become a Bootcamp mentor because I remember when I joined Wattpad and it was such a warm yet scary place to be as a writer. There were so many stories, and I was unsure how to stand out or get anyone to read my book. I wanted to become a mentor to help someone gain confidence in their story and help them to be shortlisted or win a Watty. So far, the best part of the experience is watching writers from Wattpad come together. There are so many writers from many different genres and we can all learn and grow from each other!

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Mason: I started writing on Wattpad because I knew that I have always wanted to share, but I was unaware how to post them. Wattpad was a wonderful discovery for me because of the comment section. I'm a pantser, so having people comment and tell me their thoughts on the story as I write encourages me to keep writing. I was never able to finish a story until I started writing on Wattpad.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Mason: I always try to add moments of tension into my story. My mentee's story is full of tension, but I am always encouraging more!

BCM: If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Mason: Ghosts. Vintage. Thunderbird.

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Mason: I will be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys! My story is called Vampires, Eh? It's a cross Canadian road trip vampire comedy. I wrote it because I have a soft spot for vampire stories and I wanted to push myself to try and be funny.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Mason: How Not to Vampire - Season 1 by iamRodneyVSmith and Mommy's House by z0mbies

Thank you, Mason. We wish you the best in your writing endeavors.

Don't blink. There's more spotlight action on the way.

 There's more spotlight action on the way