GandalfofspaceAnli

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with GandalfofspaceAnli author of Trapped: The Magic Within. Check out this writer's work and give them a shout out in the comments.

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

GandalfofspaceAnli: I discovered this program three years ago by chance. When I started on Wattpad in late 2019, I only read and wrote fanfiction (I still do, but not as much as before). Six months in, I realized I could do much more with my interest and started to enter ambassador-run contests. I didn't win any, at least not initially, but it did introduce me to brilliant authors, and slowly as I read their brilliant works, I realized how lacking I was and embarked on the journey to better myself. Then one fine day, I heard one of my new-found friends at the time mention this program, and I decided to try my luck. And after three years, here I am.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad, and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

GandalfofspaceAnli: My obsession with a Chinese show called The Untamed brought me to Wattpad. Initially, I had no intention of writing, but that changed one day as I put my thoughts on paper, and my first fanfiction came alive on Wattpad. Luckily, I had a lot of support and dedicated readers (fans of the show) in my initial years on this platform. If not for my readers' constant encouragement and support, I would have given up writing long ago. So yes, that's the best part about this platform: love and support for stories.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

GandalfofspaceAnli: I wrote The Master's Apprentice (now called Trapped: The Magic Within) for Nanowrimo 2021. A year before, in 2020, my sister (she isn't on Wattpad) participated in the same and shared her experience, and I thought to myself: if she can do it, why can't I? And that's how the first brick for my entry this year was laid.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

GandalfofspaceAnli: Friendship, Redemption, and Magic.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

GandalfofspaceAnli: I am not a planner, which basically translates into - the story writes itself. Unfortunately, this means that on a good day, I might be able to write 5k words without breaking a sweat but then write nothing for the next two weeks. Changing gears, that is, taking myself out of the story I am desperately writing to write something else, like a one-shot or a short story, and so on. It has helped me overcome writer's block more times than I can count.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

GandalfofspaceAnli: Please, don't make me choose. �� Can I name my favorite Wattpad authors instead?

Shout out to: evacharyaEvelynHailNyhteridesLuvLaws

Thank you, GaldalfofspaceAnli. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!