GreenForestWitch

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with GreenForestWitch  author of Intentional Poisonings. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

GreenForestWitch: I think I saw it on the Dreamland Discord. I'm impressed with the level of feedback provided, not just by my mentor, but by the entire Bootcamp community. All the interactions I've seen have been open and honest yet respectful. People genuinely want to help each other.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

GreenForestWitch: Like most people, I wanted to see if anyone liked my story. I'd been a member of Wattpad for a few years, but hadn't posted anything, and only read a little bit here and there. Classic "lurker." Eventually, I was brave enough to post my story to see if I could get any feedback about my writing, and I did! I especially like that readers can comment on particular paragraphs and sentences as this helps the writer gauge what has prompted a reaction and why. I also like that fellow writers support each other through comments, votes, and encouraging words!

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

GreenForestWitch: I enjoy reading male POV, especially in young adult novels. We have many strong female characters to identify with in YA, but not a lot of young men (by comparison). I felt inspired to write from a male's point of view for a couple of reasons. Young men are under a lot of pressure right now, especially with self-identification and how they've been traditionally perceived in gender roles. In general, men are often perceived as "weak" if they cry or if they give up or have to ask for help. In some respects, nurturing and valuing their mental health is still put on the backburner. My main character is a victim of the classic "hide your feelings" label.

I also wanted to subtly reach out to anyone going through something similar to Grayson and Val, to let them know they aren't alone. I see you.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

GreenForestWitch: Gritty. Realistic. Heartbreaking. (I can't be the only one who loves books that make you cry, right?)

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

GreenForestWitch: Reading. Lots. A variety of styles and genres. Read, read, read!

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

GreenForestWitch: My Personal Demon by edwin_grey (the writing is phenomenal) and Fosters by AvalonReese (the story is incredibly unique and funny).

Thank you, GreenForestWitch. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!